Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Ultimate Challenge file modified v6

V5 was big step forward but I want more. So even more challenge now.

As usual, changes are relative to v5.

General changes:

Slightly less k_lead (=leadership from banners)
Experience divisor upped to 22 (was 18.0)
Pet dragon experience divisor lowered to 6.0 (from 6.2)
Money upped to to 0.6 (from 0.5)
Sligtly higher alead (7.7 from 7.0)
Modified exp table: Experience requirements for next level are not so linear now
Modified Leadtable: Enemy troops are generally bit stronger, late enemies much stronger
Manarage is back to normal, 0.5
Legendary Phoenix, Rune Mage and King Harl leadership upped a bit

Pet Dragon changes:

Pet dragon useless abilities (Dragon dive etc) got major boost.
Some other dragon other abilities also got boost (crushing blow, treasure searcher etc)

Asmadeo changes:

Purpose of following is to make Asmadeo less powerful on mid game but still strong on late game

Asmadeo attack and defence levelup experience requirements modified and more levels available
Asmadeo gets more attack, defence, damage and health from levelup
Asmadeo released bonus is now 20% (was 15%)
Asmadeo now requires 4 skill levelups instead of 3 to get new level

Amelie changes:

Amelie skill tree rune costs modified, some (previously useless because too expensive) early skills are very cheap, some other costs are different too
Item loadout even more versatile
Amelie medal requirements slightly modified

Companion changes:

-

Spell changes:

- Some spells slightly modified

Location changes:

- Nameless "ghost ship" is now much stronger

Rules same as before

- Impossible difficulty of course as settings are modified only for it.
- Play as Mage
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mage's tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1400. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells, you may still sell them

To clarify what I said earlier about "use all means available". It does not include luring enemies away from hard_to_get navigation charts (those guards that require you to go Very close), this mod should be playable without using that trick. However you quite probably need to gather navigation charts from "easy" locations. To make this more clear, there are no heavily guarded charts on Debir but at least two charts (depending on randomness) on Scarlett wind (near castle) are those hard_to_get type.

That "all means available" also does not include excess stuff kiting from "hard_to_avoid_enemies" caves. Again to make it clear, White crystal cave and Magic circle cave are "easy" while Old mist cave is "hard".

As always, rules I said above are rules I'm playing this mod with. If you want to create your own rules, go ahead. It's not my problem how others want to play my mod as I primarily made it for myself.

Install:

- Install Red Sands extended (can be loaded from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom0...ended_0813.rar )
- Make backup of ...red_sands\ directory
- Zip file now contains four directories. Extract all directories to ...red_sands\ directory (so that files on directories overwrite old files) and overwrite
- Start new game
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ultimate Challenge 6.zip (328.7 KB, 197 views)
Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 AM
Approved Member

Hello, I'm new to this mod and want to experience it properly. I have downloaded Red Sands Extended 0813 but can't find the installation instructions. Where is the documentation?

Also, a question. Does this mod make the game harder? How?

I'm not interested in zero losses challenges. If zero losses are possible, then the game to my eyes is easy.

PD: Why the OP states that the mod is cancelled?

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 03-30-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Just extract red_sands directory to .../Kings Bounty Crossworlds/sessions directory and start game. Select Red sands campaign.

It makes harder by introducing new units to enemy. But easier as you can also use them. You may try included Ultimate challenge file or my modified Ultimate challenges.

Zero losses is possible with included Ultimate challenge file if you know what to do. If you want challenge, then use my Ultimate Challenge file modified v6. It is hard even when not playing no losses challenge.

This mod would need some updates to work better but those updates are not coming, that's why it's cancelled.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Is it worth playing with Asmadeo on the Ultimate challenge mode? It seems like he's leveling too slow while the enemies are getting much stronger. Also getting the most exp with him from every battle takes alot of time.
And some spells are bugged with him, like he doesnt get more exp from killing pigmy enemies and attacking targets with mark of blood actually gives him x2 less expirience than normal.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Default Modifying Asmadeo

I am trying to increase the amount of crystals needed to revive Asmadeo but I can't find the file that has the information I am looking for. If anybody knows of the location please let me know it would be a great help to my play through.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk333 View Post
Is it worth playing with Asmadeo on the Ultimate challenge mode? It seems like he's leveling too slow while the enemies are getting much stronger. Also getting the most exp with him from every battle takes alot of time.
And some spells are bugged with him, like he doesnt get more exp from killing pigmy enemies and attacking targets with mark of blood actually gives him x2 less expirience than normal.
Stupid, I didn't get e-mail notifying about this reply.

I tried to make Ultimate challenge so hard that well developed Asmadeo is basically required to complete game. So one of main aspects of mod is to develop Asmadeo. And yes, it takes lot of time. Ultimate means Ultimate.

Mark of blood seems to be bugged then. No idea how to fix that one.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Ruthless Reuban your mod is crazy. How even is possible to pass the first battle of my training only with 5 paladins? Enemy has 12 bowmen, 16 swordsmen,32 marauders and so on. My paladins burn out only from a single arrow shot. I'm starting as a warrior and I'm going to adjust the difficulty something between your mod and the original.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc_bayern View Post
Ruthless Reuban your mod is crazy. How even is possible to pass the first battle of my training only with 5 paladins? Enemy has 12 bowmen, 16 swordsmen,32 marauders and so on. My paladins burn out only from a single arrow shot. I'm starting as a warrior and I'm going to adjust the difficulty something between your mod and the original.
As I clearly stated on rules, you must play with mage. Otherwise even training session might prove impossible. Training is not mandatory however. You can also use cheats.

Also because game is randomized, you might be f***d on training battle if there are "wrong" enemies. Start new game and hope better luck. It takes less than 30 seconds.

I agree that training battles are ultra hard but I have managed to get past all of them without losses so they are not impossible.

Feel free to adjust difficulty for your liking
Old 08-11-2021, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Reuban View Post
As I clearly stated on rules, you must play with mage. Otherwise even training session might prove impossible. Training is not mandatory however. You can also use cheats.

Also because game is randomized, you might be f***d on training battle if there are "wrong" enemies. Start new game and hope better luck. It takes less than 30 seconds.

I agree that training battles are ultra hard but I have managed to get past all of them without losses so they are not impossible.

Feel free to adjust difficulty for your liking
I start again with the same stats and better enemies but only 2 paladins survive for the second training After all I take only 'locations' file from your mod because I like harder Rhea and Shettera; I'm not so experienced player to play it and also I like to try in battles some of the weaker units on the max level. I set my parameters:
exp=4.0
alead=4.0
spexp=4.0
money=0.4
rage=0.2
manarage=0.5
and the game runs perfectly. Also reduce starting gold up to 2000, cristals and spellbook space close to the original. The only thing I'm fixing during my game is logical corrections of some units because I don't like Cyclops to summon snakes and droids or Red Snakes without 10% fire protection and Green Snakes without 10% fire penalty. By the way last time I was playing Red sands was 5-6 years ago with 1.6 version and this fact keep my interest alive with some new locations.
By the way at level 1 I always take all leadership from banners in Debir and Bola. I noticed that using your mod it drops me 5to10 leadership per banner while using original Red sands - 10to20. I look through all files and data under blue, green and red flags are the same. Would you help me to find them because maybe I don't search in the right location? Banners drops too much leadership and I want to reduce it.

Last edited by fc_bayern; 08-12-2021 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc_bayern View Post
I start again with the same stats and better enemies but only 2 paladins survive for the second training After all I take only 'locations' file from your mod because I like harder Rhea and Shettera; I'm not so experienced player to play it and also I like to try in battles some of the weaker units on the max level. I set my parameters:
exp=4.0
alead=4.0
spexp=4.0
money=0.4
rage=0.2
manarage=0.5
and the game runs perfectly. Also reduce starting gold up to 2000, cristals and spellbook space close to the original. The only thing I'm fixing during my game is logical corrections of some units because I don't like Cyclops to summon snakes and droids or Red Snakes without 10% fire protection and Green Snakes without 10% fire penalty. By the way last time I was playing Red sands was 5-6 years ago with 1.6 version and this fact keep my interest alive with some new locations.
By the way at level 1 I always take all leadership from banners in Debir and Bola. I noticed that using your mod it drops me 5to10 leadership per banner while using original Red sands - 10to20. I look through all files and data under blue, green and red flags are the same. Would you help me to find them because maybe I don't search in the right location? Banners drops too much leadership and I want to reduce it.
Two paladins is much more than one

That's how it goes. Take what you need and leave/modify rest. Settings look quite balanced but somewhat easy. Cyclops snake summon is quite powerful, yes.

Banner experience is k_lead on logic.txt.