Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Ogre's may be the worst per unit, but the AP steal ability makes them a lot better than Trolls as actual damage dealers. On the first turn they can take out the opponents strongest stack, as well as move into damage range.

I think the worst really are the Ancient Ents. Any Level 5 with -100 resistance of ANY kind is not something I go in for. My List is probably something like:

Red
Bone

Black-Troll
Green-Archdemons
Cyclops -Tirex
Ogres
Giants
Ancient Ents

Blacks and Trolls are both very good, depending on your strategic options. A mage can love himself suicide black dragons due to them not actually taking damage from spells he casts. Trolls solo stacking is well known as an awesome strategy... but as part of a full army... trolls aren't that great.

Greens are amazing late game for mana generation, But Archdemons are the fastest unit in the game (Both init and speed) and also can be cripplingly powerful against other level 5 units of similar size, and good resistences.

And then... Tirexes and Cyclops, only good because hey... they are level 5. Tirexes are like more mobile, less consistent trolls.

Ogres are cool early on when they are still tanky, but later on their one-off trick just isn't as useful as the dominatingly powerful abilities of the others.

Giants and Ents are just... bad.