Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Default Quest Questions

Hi,

I've got a few quest questions. These are all on the Freedom Isles.

1. Is there anything I can do with Kanatos' head (the barbarian's minor deity) or the Clear Eye diamond? Or should I just sell them?

2. I bought the phoenix blood key, went to the graveyard, and this guy appears. I talked to him, and he mentions treasure but disappears. Does anything come of this? Can I find the guy somewhere else, or have I basically been duped into buying that phoenix blood key?

Thanks for any help.
JWallstone
Old 01-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

To answer your questions:

1. no, they are just valuable items. You can sell them (with full trade skill) for 35k, and 50k, respectively, iirc

2. he will have appeared in the eastern islands, up the coast to the right from the first landing spot in eastern islands (ie, where you can find mirabella). Once you find him, you can fight him, and then dig up his treasure, usually finding enough to more than compensate for the 20k you spent on the key.

Hope that helped!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallstone View Post
1. Is there anything I can do with Kanatos' head (the barbarian's minor deity) or the Clear Eye diamond? Or should I just sell them?
You can trade Kanatos' head to the barbarian chieftain in the Verlon Forest. Usually I prefer the item he trades to the money, though you can always refuse the trade and sell it elsewhere. Just be sure to make the trade before taking the second quest related to him - the only way to complete that quest is to defeat his troops, which removes him from the game.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Approved Member

Too bad I fought him already! I'll keep that in mind next time though. The item he trades is random?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Cool, I didn't know about giving the head to the barbarian chieftain.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallstone View Post
The item he trades is random?
Yes, though as near as I can tell, it will always be a weapon, armor, or shield.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

The item you received for exchanging the Kanato's Head is fixed. You will always receive the Barbarian shield (+3 Defense, +2 Attack, 20K Gold value) in return.

Last edited by lauvhk; 01-27-2009 at 06:04 AM. Reason: redundancy
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauvhk View Post
The item you received for exchanging the Kanato's Head is fixed. You will always receive the Barbarian shield (+3 Defense, +2 Attack, 20K Gold value) in return.
I think you're right on this. I swear I had at least one game where he did not offer me the shield, but I can't find that save, so I can't be sure. I'll save my current game before offering him the head and screen print if he offers something else.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

apparantly Don pedro also want the item, but he only offer 20k g, kinda pointless