Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Default maximising your leadership

just one question when u level up u get 10~15% of the total leadership u have(but are items counted also in this or not?

anyway some people say leadership is best taken at level 14 or 15
counting though that level 2 3 only gives like 20/40/60 IIRC

but what if you would speed kill rush the turtle
(after you finish the turtle and start a new quest you get +500 leadership from the king)

let's say you have done first 3 main quest and are problaly level 2(without fighting any other stacks)
ofcourse you didn't take leadership but the other skill w/e that may be

let's say you take the boat and steal as many banners as possible
let's say u get +150~300 extra leadership from a banners stolen

now you rush to the turtle

get and extra 500+leadership

that would be around 650~800 leadership! and by doing so you would also get a level up and be level 3

and get an option to get leadership

let's say u would have a total of 900 leadership(100 from the base when u start)

and u get 10% of that you get like 90 extra leadership

on level 3 that is huge :>

and then the normal calculating wouldn't work anymore i gues (given they didnt take this portion in)

so this would be a better way to get max leadership or not?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

To my knowledge, the leadership you gain while leveling up, is a fixed value. It's related directly to what level you are, and nothing else.

This is why picking statistics over leadership is prefered at lower levels, and chosing leadership over statistics at later levels are prefered.

Example:

Level 2
1 Attack
40 leadership

Level 20
1 Defense
1800 leadership

You'll have abit rougher start, due to lack of leadership (Unless you're lucky with items), but later on you'll have a stronger character.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

ah i thought it's based on your leadership and get a % of that :>
thought i had seen somehwere on the forum
Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Generally, if you want to do a quick victory, it's highly advisable to start taking leadership as soon as possible (like lvl 3, for example), especially on hard and impossible. Besides, you can't pick the leadership upgrade at every level. If you started at 2, you can pick it at the even numbered levels (2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26-28-30), and if you started at lvl 3, you can pick it on the odd numbered levels (3-5-7, etc., up to 31).

It all depends on how do you want your game to unfold. I personally like to pick leadership as soon as I get it, it allows for quicker victories, even in impossible. For example, right now I'm day 5 (I lost a day traveling, could have been day day 4 but I don't have a precise clock, even though I'm running Nobilis' 1.7 patch) on impossible with a paladin in the mines, killing strong or very strong opponents with minimal or no losses. If I have to wait till lvl 20... It'll take a lot of time.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

i got same lost a day at traveling too but i haven't taken leadership untill level12

i'm a mage btw :>
playing on impossible too

Last edited by Razorflame; 05-05-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Leadership values are fixed, its 40/50/60 * level depend on class
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
i got same lost a day at traveling too but i haven't taken leadership untill level12

i'm a mage btw :>
playing on impossible too
As a mage, you have some nice spells to complement your fighting arsenal at start. A good fireball wins many battles in the beginning. As a warrior and paladin, you don't have this luxury
Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Generally, if you want to do a quick victory, it's highly advisable to start taking leadership as soon as possible (like lvl 3, for example), especially on hard and impossible. Besides, you can't pick the leadership upgrade at every level. If you started at 2, you can pick it at the even numbered levels (2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26-28-30), and if you started at lvl 3, you can pick it on the odd numbered levels (3-5-7, etc., up to 31).

It all depends on how do you want your game to unfold. I personally like to pick leadership as soon as I get it, it allows for quicker victories, even in impossible. For example, right now I'm day 5 (I lost a day traveling, could have been day day 4 but I don't have a precise clock, even though I'm running Nobilis' 1.7 patch) on impossible with a paladin in the mines, killing strong or very strong opponents with minimal or no losses. If I have to wait till lvl 20... It'll take a lot of time.
So you did freedom islands in one go than did you? Could you share some insights on your army and tactics and which level you were when you got to the islands? I assume most enemies were strong on the islands for you. Did you lose many troops or virtually none at all? Could you maybe post a savegame of when you just got to the islands? Thanks for your time
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

I'm day four, and just visited freedom island. I'm sure its possible to rush to mines, and reach it on day four, if you keep focus on main quest only.

That said, I'm pretty sure you'll hit a brick wall sooner or later (And you'll certainly have to play a mage, as your army will be too weak alone)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

I'm not rushing at all I've fully completed all of the areas (greenwort, arlania, velarion, swamps - without enemen, lower/upper haddar) as well as their quests, with the exception of 20% of the islands, since I plan on returning there (probably) sometime and finish up some additional quests - I'm still trying to decide whether I want to play with target + faeries+dryads ... But we'll see. I'm thinking about an undead-based paladin too... since I'll be going towards tolerance by all means.

The mage isn't that powerful actually. On impossible, the game is beatable with a mage, but he'll come to severe problems later on because you'll be low on leadership, and sometimes 2 ice snakes or whatever offensive spell you prefer + soul drain/time back (provided you have it at the start of the battle) isn't enough to alleviate the troop number difference.

I agree that the paladin is very hard to play on hard and impossible, but that's what makes the game rewarding. And I have a hunch that he's not that sucky as most people claim him to be. So far I lose few or no troops in the mines against strong and very strong opponents, depending on their troops (I love that interface plug-in)

Last edited by DGDobrev; 05-06-2009 at 01:08 PM.