Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

I just cast Justice and my game instantly crashed.

Daniel.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Updates -
  • Added Ay Vaz's Masterpiece referred to save under Quests
  • Added more videocards to oceans flickering bug under Graphics
  • Added rune mages can't self target with runic word to Units

@torquemada I would like to know about that wolf ability too. If anybody else runs into wolves, let us know if they are really getting the attack bonus for the horde ability.
@Daniel Can you try casting Justice again in completely different cirumstances and let me know if it crashes? I've heard it's irregular.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirual View Post
Never seen that one, but I'm guessing its supposed to be a summoned unit for x battles rather than adding creatures to your army?

Speaking of wanderer scrolls, those previously displayed buff icons but no longer do so in Wotn.
Yes, it's supposed to be summoned for two battles, whereas it seems I have it now forever . The other Wanderer scrolls I've used did what their description did.

Lot of UI info missing and not on a consistent basis either: sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Game is still incredibly addictive, but it feels more and more like a very botched job. On the technical side, right off the bat comes to mind bizarre camera issues, graphics that could be better in full HD, countless spelling errors; on the artistic side, music all over the place during fights (in the other games battle music was keyed to the environment - now I get the demon theme during a bear fight?!?), dialogue for the three "classes" is the same (so the soothsayer speaks like a retarded barbarian) and the Viking islands seem to be the only original thing and even that is cut short, effectively resetting the game to its old self once you leave them.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rork View Post
on the artistic side, music all over the place during fights (in the other games battle music was keyed to the environment - now I get the demon theme during a bear fight?!?)
Oh yeah, that bugged me like hell. Some of the music that can play during battles isnt even suitable for battles. Seems like just about any theme can play at any time in battle, and the overworld sometimes plays kinda inappropriate themes too.

And then there is the pirate cave on the elven island where it just seems to loop whatever played before you entered, and after a fight it just loops the victory theme

Quote:
the Viking islands seem to be the only original thing and even that is cut short, effectively resetting the game to its old self once you leave them.
I wouldnt quite say that, I actually liked how they changed some things in the old areas including ruined buildings in place of actual buildings in several places. And there is also southern Vinland (Riftlands etc) which is entirely new. the old areas are kinda poorly implemented in regards to sea travel tough, since you can only do it from and to Greenwort. And you can't fly in Demonis and Hades for no explained reason (I can see why in Hades, probably difficult to work with those floating islands, but even then some sort of ingame explaination would be nice... like with the dragon pass on Iceland.).

Edit: On a sidenote: the dragons teeth and the combined necklace are still around as randomly generated items. Which is kinda annoying since they are used as quest items and therefore useless for anything except for wearing it (and why would you wear two of those).

Last edited by Nirual; 11-17-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Haven't seen this reported before or maybes it's just me having problem with this?

Seems like there is some model missing, have tried to validate my files on steam and they say nothing is missing.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_121117_002.bmp (4.69 MB, 16 views)
Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucane View Post
Haven't seen this reported before or maybes it's just me having problem with this?

Seems like there is some model missing, have tried to validate my files on steam and they say nothing is missing.
thats not a bug, its just the tip of the ruined castle or something. Does look kinda out of place though.

Speaking of models though, is there an easy way to replace creature models? For some reason the Lava Golem causes the game to slow down considerably, probably something to to do with my graphics card.

Last edited by Nirual; 11-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Overlapping greasy mist spells add their resistance debuffs, leading to -200% and lower fire resistance. I assume this is not intended?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon View Post
Overlapping greasy mist spells add their resistance debuffs, leading to -200% and lower fire resistance. I assume this is not intended?
Do you mean you don't think it should go beyond -100%? I think KB has no problem going beyond - or above - 100% for its bouses and penalties.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
Do you mean you don't think it should go beyond -100%? I think KB has no problem going beyond - or above - 100% for its bouses and penalties.
No, I would assume that two overlapping greasy mist spells still lead to the resistance debuff being applied only once. But maybe it was meant to work this way.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Why is slow lvl 3 marked as patched? It still isn't immobilizing enemies

Nevermind, just read the description, they changed it apparantly