Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
If the situation was that easy, I'm sure the editor will be already available. Unfortunately there is a very small chance that the editor will be released.
Why is it so difficult to get the rights to the editor?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed3192 View Post
Why is it so difficult to get the rights to the editor?
Because such legal agreement requires certain amount of time, money and other resources like stuff.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Owell, back to MoW:As I guess
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Could you not come to a profitable agreement with best way to gain rights to the editor?
For example if they give you the rights to release the editor with vietnam and all your future men of war products best way get 10% -20% of all profits made by MOW:Vietnam and then a further 5% - 15% profit made by all future products using the GEM Engine. I'm not saying that's what you should do, I'm just using that as an example.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Obviously Best Way don't have a problem about the editor being released as they release it with their own versions...Its not like they are keeping it to themselves and don't want players to get their hands on it. I am sure if C1 wanted to, they could reach an agreement with the licence holders and it would be a win win situation for all.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Are 1C actually even trying to get an agreement with best way so that they can release the editor with Vietnam?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Need a Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed3192 View Post
One of my favourite things in the men of war series has been the editor. The ability to instantly and easily go in to an editor that comes freely with the game and start having fun.
From the moment MOW: Vietnam was announced I instantly started thinking of different things to do with in the editor.
But then i finally get the game and to my horror there is no editor. I sincerely hope that an update will be released adding an editor to this game. as that is what gives the men of war games so many hours of playability.
I really hope 1c wakes up, and adds an editor into this game, so i can continue to have as much fun with this game as i have with the other men of war games.
I agree.
In example, the only reason i buyed MoW was because of the Editor.
I buyed MoW Vietnam cause i thought about recreating movie and game things like:
The epic battle scene in "We Were Soldiers" where the USA get out of the trench and charge the nva base while slaughtering the nva, when they get up the hill and the heli appears killing every vietnamese in the area.

The scene of "Platoon", where they get into the village and burn down everything.

The scene in "Hamburger Hill", where the US get bombed but at last make it capturing the hill.

The scene in "Forrest Gump", where the US take a walk in the jungle but then get ambushed by a mg and where forrest takes all the wounded and runs into safety while holding everyone.

The scene in "Full Metal Jacket", where the US get ambushed by a sniper in hue, and have to fight to survive.

The scene in "Apocalypse Now", where the US helicopters all fly to a village and bomb it all down while "Ride of the Valkyries" plays in the BG.

The level "SOG" in Call of Duty Black ops where a big battle in khe sanh breaks out and you have to kill and burn every nva soldier.

The level in "Shellshock: Nam '67" where you get cut down by VC and then seperated in the jungle at night, you have to kill all VCs with only a knife and your rifle.

But also not to forget the most classic of all, your own battle.
You place 1 trench, put in like 100 us soldiers.
You place in front of the trench 1000 nva and vc soldiers, and a hill.
The us get out of the trench, get their mortars riflemen etc and then start fighting.
They manage capturing the hill, but lost 67% of their men.

or any other things you imagine.

Thats what i say.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

I didn't know it lacked an editor. I'm disappointed for sure. The modding community is a huge part of what makes this series great.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Approved Member

1C really gonna use excuse along the lines that legal agreement is hard to achieve? LOL Maybe they missed a memo where majority of the men of war community lives around the editor, and editor created missions and mods, go look it up on moddb, there is ton of created content that keeps these game series alive. Releasing MoW Vietnam without editor is lazy move. GEM editor added to vietnam would really solve this terrible situation, the mods can still be loaded in vietnam so thats not an issue, issue is the editor wasnt included. At least 1C should release official statement on the issue.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardman55 View Post
The scene of "Platoon", where they get into the village and burn down everything.
you mean something a bit like this?

You can still use the old editor but you would have to fix some game file like the localization.pak because is lock and you need to make a new one like a mod, only a experience modder should do this as to many mistake can happen if not done correctly.

and no I'm not one of that modder that can help as this is to hard to explain and just thinking about it give me a headache.

Last edited by SpeedWolf; 09-17-2011 at 06:49 AM.