Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Default Why have steering...

i was wondering if the roads in this game will be similar to those in 18 wheels of steel series. that game had nothing but straight roads except for corners in cityes. that would be really dissapointing... another game for americans and their BIG stuff...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Re: Why have steering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaFr0sT
similar to those in 18 wheels of steel series. that game had nothing but straight roads except for corners in cityes.
What are you TALKING about? Have you even played those games? There are bending roads everywhere, upramp, downramp etc.
Of course there will be curves, just watch the trailes, screenshots etc.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

yes i played 18 wheels of steel and the only curves that those games had were the ones when u change highways and some other in west area of the map. btw those 1 km ones on highways don't matter; those are not curves for me. in my opinion King of the Road still remains the best game of this genre though i really hope this one will end that supremacy.

"upramp, downramp..." whatever man...
Old 10-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

akaFr0sT
If you have played Haulin - you wouldn't say that. I smashed many times in Canada when I went only 50MPH just because there are very dangerous curves. Try to drive near Miami, or route 101...
About the "best game of the genre" I cannot absolutely agree with you. Yeah, it is true that King of The road has better gameplay.. but is this gameplay realistic. How many times we can see wheelers racing on the highways and in the cities? I like 18wos because there are many features - blinkers, jakebrake, engine overheat, brake pressure and so on... so it depends on ones personality - what do you want to get from the game - either arcade-gameplay (not arcade physics), or the real-rolling...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

I think he's thinking about the interstates. I would have to agree with him, the interstates are boring as shit in haulin. Every scale is the same, every turn before a scale is the same, the only viewing distance is the very edges beside the road, there's nothing to see at all. however, once you go north it does get better and more interesting.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Well, what was I talking about? About the skies?
Interstates are borring, yeah, but have you ever tried to drive 300 miles without a rest in the real life? I can tell you that it is really borring, so it is kind of realism as for me. I get borred in King of the Road after three hours. Btw - rolling becomes more interesting in 18wos when you buy for example a Peterbilt 387. When you rolling 90MPH with double eggs it is kind of tough thing.
And you cannot say that you agree with him because you mentioned the other things. Yeah I also think that it could be a few versions of gas stations or scales, for example they could use some types from the very first part of their game.
Why didn't you say - each traffic jam is the same? It's true, but when you tired to spend a lot of time approaching the exits - you can skip traffic by using outlet.

We'll see how many variants of highway entrances e.t.c. will be in RnR...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

I think that not even interstates are "straight". Take a look at some of the interstates between Winnipeg/Seattle and around Thunder Bay in 18WoS. Drive there. See how fast you can go without loosing grip. Those roads are everything but straight.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Flagman_20
Yeah my friend - you are completely right. Some curves on the interstates, you cannot safely pass with the the speed over 30mph
Old 10-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

I should know
It was annoying actually, never do a double egg cargo and drive fast through there...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

First of all: Who are you calling a looser?
And only straight roads are goddamn boring, nothing to do