Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Default renew CH stick?

I have a feeling that I've seen posts about this here before, but search didn't seem to find them, which may be me not understanding search.

I have a CH stick, the Flightstick, the cheapest one, but still not cheap. The potentiometers seem to be gone beyond use, at least for the elevators, though the mechanism is apparently sound. Is there a guide online somewhere to replacing these knackered pots? what brands or grades to use would be useful too.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

http://www.chproducts.com/shop/parts.html

You need only a screwdriver to open case, no solder required.

Sokol1
Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
http://www.chproducts.com/shop/parts.html

You need only a screwdriver to open case, no solder required.

Sokol1
Thanks.

However, that's a US site, quoting prices in US dollars. They say they don't ship outside the USA from that site.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

Igo kyu,

Do you know what parts you need?

I would register on CH forums and explain your dilemma, and I would bet money that someone from the CH staff (on the forums) would personally send the parts to you as long as you paid for the shipping.

I would try that route. The folks at the CH hanger are awesome!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Approved Member

The potis look standard. In which country do you live?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
The potis look standard. In which country do you live?
IIRC they're a bit different to the usual electronics store pots, they have a larger sleeve (no threads on it), and the flat is cut further into the shaft than normal. The sleeve and flat are critical, as the sleeve fits into the stick's base, and the shaft needs to fit into the gimbal.

I did my first HE sensor conversion on my old macADB flightstick pro, by modifying the pots, but it ended up being too temperamental, and non-linear.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian265 View Post
IIRC they're a bit different to the usual electronics store pots, they have a larger sleeve (no threads on it), and the flat is cut further into the shaft than normal. The sleeve and flat are critical, as the sleeve fits into the stick's base, and the shaft needs to fit into the gimbal.

I did my first HE sensor conversion on my old macADB flightstick pro, by modifying the pots, but it ended up being too temperamental, and non-linear.
temperamental and non linear is something you probably could fix with joycontrol.
which potis did you buy?

Last edited by swiss; 10-28-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

I didn't buy any, I modified the ones from my old flightstick pro, then gave up and found a better HE sensing method, and made a completely new stick. (Not to say that others haven't made excellent HE modifications to the CH pots, it's just that I didn't!)

Unfortunately the tempermentality was half due to mechanical free-play (of my first mod). Also the middle region of stick movement was vastly less sensitive than the extents, which is what a lot of people (including myself, back then) want, but there was nothing I could do to bring the sensitivity back in software.

Having learnt a few things, I ended up with the stick in my sig.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
However, that's a US site, quoting prices in US dollars. They say they don't ship outside the USA from that site.
This statement make things a bit negative:

Quote:
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS Only orders in the United States may be processed through our online store at this time. Please contact us at sales@chproducts.com or visit us at http://www.chproducts.com/retail/world.html to find a distributor in your country.

But read this way: INTERNATIONAL ORDERS Please contact us at sales@chproducts.com

I live in "rest of the world" and already buy pots from CH, postage cost me U$ 10, pay with International Credit Card.

Sokol1