Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Ok,thanks.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

I'm having some troubles. I haven't played this game for very long, but I need to know how to unlock all the planes. I've completed the Campaign, done all the single missions, and done training in all the planes I have. The only thing I haven't done is the "Simulator" tutorial. (Which is amazingly unrealistic, by the way.)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakbird 1 View Post
I'm having some troubles. I haven't played this game for very long, but I need to know how to unlock all the planes. I've completed the Campaign, done all the single missions, and done training in all the planes I have. The only thing I haven't done is the "Simulator" tutorial. (Which is amazingly unrealistic, by the way.)
Hi, for unlock list check this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13167

MAC
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Default TV Settings

I play BOP on my 42" Panasonic, 1080p, HD, Plasma TV, now my problem is that when I play BOP on SIM, Realistic or even Arcade with the HUD turned off, I cannot see the planes until I am right on top of them, its like they just appear out of thin air.

What is the optimal tv setting for BOP?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

thats just part of the game, BoP's HD settings arent the greatest, and along with a very fuzzy cockpit view and its generally difficult to locate another plane.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Birds of Prey: Not Realistic

So I have been playing this game for a while and I do like it, however I find myself getting p***ed and turning it off frequently. This is because the planes in this game stall TOO EASY. Now I'm sure you guys are going to call me a noob and say that it takes more practice, but I have the X52 flight stick with rudder pedals and I have adjusted the sensitivity and everything that there is to adjust and it is still too stall happy.

Now I don't know if anyone here is an actual pilot but I am. I have all of my ratings which includes Multi-engine, IFR, Commercial, with both a complex and high performance endorsement. I have been flying for a while now and I do have experience in high performance aircraft and I can tell you from experience that aircraft like these do not stall this easy. I'm not going to give you a lesson on aerodynamics but I can tell you that the physics in this game are severely flawed.

Have you ever seen a Red Bull Air race where one of those pilots stalled their aircraft? Probably not, because it rarely happens, and the airplanes those guys are flying are much more unstable than a P-51. I really hope that the creators of this game take a look at cliffs of dover or 1946 and revamp their flight models. I don't know who they talked to that made them make the aircraft in this way, but they need to talk to people in the industry. I'd really like to hear what you all think...
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Have you adjusted the elevators and alirons on the planes you can make it to where the planes are pretty much impossible to stall the trick is getting a good bsllence between not stalling and still being maneuverable and secondly it's a game not real life I have got my setings to where I pretty much never stall unless shot up of corse
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Well, I don't know about stalling but I do always feel like landing is probably a heck of a lot easier in real life than it is in these games.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

Default Tried it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Have you adjusted the elevators and alirons on the planes you can make it to where the planes are pretty much impossible to stall the trick is getting a good bsllence between not stalling and still being maneuverable and secondly it's a game not real life I have got my setings to where I pretty much never stall unless shot up of corse
Are you playing the game on the realistic or simulator setting? I've tinkered with all of this stuff and I can make it so that the sensitivity is to the point where I can't stall the aircraft, but that also makes the plane very unresponsive. I just don't understand why a company would make this game like this. I would dump so much time into this game if it wasn't for that. I can't believe they don't have a patch to fix this. Anyway I would actually say that landing in real life is at times much harder. Someone's first time landing on a windy day with a good crosswind is usually pretty interesting.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

I mainly play realistic but I play sim too and I just never had the problem you are talking about I just use a regular controller though so don't have any experience with a flight stick