Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by samedi View Post
Nothing has changed, the AI has some kind of god mode enabled and still spam you with indestructible tanks which when hit by pointblank range directly, see no damage.
You are still holding it wrong.

General rule of thumb: if you are new to a game, you dont play on the hardest difficulties. If you do try it and fail miserably, you suck it up and dont whine on the net about "how this game sucks". It just makes you look like a fool.

Secondly MoWAS skirmish mode is a coop focused series of scripted maps in a game that is a straight successor of a Commandos clone game. These missions were designed to be played with 8 people online, with each player having control of only a few units, and microing the hell out of them to gain a substantial amount of advantage.

The AI is limited and the maps are highly scripted, so you can easily counter the enemy if you memorise the map, on higher difficlties they spam units like theres no tomorrow, but even with this, moderately skilled bunch of 8 people can utterly destroy a hard enemy without any sweat. The AI units do not in any way recieve improved health or any unfair advantages, as a matter of fact, on easy and normal, your own units get health and damage buffs, and you get more points to spend. But your own units usefulness are limited, on hard and heroic you must scavenge for enemy equipment, and you will need to rely on captured enemy armor more than on normal.

The problem here i feel is Assault Squad was advertised with a single player campaign like its predecessors, but in reality, these skirmish maps are very much multiplayer focused, the average player just gets overwhelmed by the sheer unit numbers, and micromanagement requirements in single player.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
Your right, if you use the editor you can do a lot of changes. What I meant was going into a saved game file and just giving yourself a lot of Reinforcement points. So many that you don't worry about losing stuff.
How do you do this exactly ? for those who arent good with computers
Old 11-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogodhobo View Post
How do you do this exactly ? for those who arent good with computers
Here is a link for a "how-to" vid,

If you have any trouble just PM me(shogomad). Once you figure this out you can play on Heroic, that's the only way I play. Make sure you watch the vid in HD.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

There are no bonuses for AI, in fact the AI is getting penalties on all difficutly levels other than heroic. Player units, always fight better, everything else is just imagination.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Unbalanced indeed!

The balance in this game is politically correct, but historically incorrect. Me and my friend played germans against the AI american and the shermans beat a tiger from the front with two shots which then exploded, but before that we hade to shoot against another sherman with like 20 shots before it took a beating, but didn't explode! Nope, this game is SO american biased it stinks!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Signum is correct about AT guns, but the game still sucks because all the skirmishes are set up the same exact boring way...... it isn't hard, because I can win when fighting the U.S, Soviets, etc, but the only faction I have NEVER won against, is Germany, I have no clue why, but they always have like 3 or 4 Pz IIIs down in my main point very quickly, the other factions..........seem to not do that........
Old 07-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Registered Member

Honestly there's no viable way to win every nation's Skirmish mode on Hard or Heroic mode by yourself. I wish 1C would have included a warning or something on the menu about needing more than one player to finish Hard/Heroic campaigns, because the way it is now you can beat Normal mode very easily and very quickly, but the scaling goes out the window on Hard.

I just uninstalled AS2 after about 250 hours, with about 30 spent just trying to finish Carentan solo on Hard mode. Was a very fun game until I went to Hard, and I beat everything relatively easily on Normal.