Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Well yes, this is why they included editor, basically you can play skirmishes however you like it with basis knowledge of gem
Comment (how) do you do this
Old 04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samedi View Post
Comment (how) do you do this
You can load and play any mission while in the Editor, and add/delete any unit/weapon or amount of units you want.
Start here to learn the Basics,

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7079
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihao View Post
That's why I always play on EASY. Which is like NORMAL or HARD in other games. And I think it's not like it's impossible to win on HARD - just You are not HARD enough:p
umm played a game on normal and won pretty easy in an hour and like 15-30mins then played the same map on easy and tried it 2 times and when we took the first objective they brought in an armored car with a 20mm and tore all our infantry new buttholes and couldnt catch up with it trying to throw AT grenades at it. It was like someone was controlling it and just messing with us lol.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Another thing that really irritates me in this game is the fact that all enemy guns and vehicles have bonuses. whats the point of giving the ai bonuses as it imbalances the game, for example the enemy howitzers are able to fire shots at a rate of one shell every 4 seconds (i counted) however my simple 57 mm gun and 88mm tiger tank takes 10 seconds to reload and my howitzers take a good one and a half minutes a second. this is very frustrating as they are able to force me back all the way to the bridge and undo everything i have done.

Also it seems that the enemy tanks are made of some kind of super armour from the future. they are flipping indestructible. this game annoys me because this is what happens. first you attack the positions. the ai lightly press you back but you push them back more. get to the second line then in come the enemy supersoldiers. but you cant deal with them as you only get one reinforcement point a minute.
if by some miracle you manage to get through and get to the third line in come the machine gun howitzers. blasting your troops and tearing you a new ******* . and if thats not enough cue the supertanks. the ai then spam you with indestructible tanks which dont die even if hit by two 75 mm guns at pointblank range. unlike the old men of war. which was difficult to the point of madness, at least they didnt cheat or bump you like they do in this game. at least they were completable,

Last edited by samedi; 10-21-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samedi View Post
Also it seems that the enemy tanks are made of some kind of super armour from the future. they are flipping indestructible. this game annoys me because this is what happens. first you attack the positions. the ai lightly press you back but you push them back more. get to the second line then in come the enemy supersoldiers. but you cant deal with them as you only get one reinforcement point a minute.
if by some miracle you manage to get through and get to the third line in come the machine gun howitzers. blasting your troops and tearing you a new ******* . and if thats not enough cue the supertanks. the ai then spam you with indestructible tanks which dont die even if hit by two 75 mm guns at pointblank range. unlike the old men of war. which was difficult to the point of madness, at least they didnt cheat or bump you like they do in this game. at least they were completable,
Give yourself lots of points so you don't have to wait. You can go into any of your saved game files and give yourself all the points you need, or change the delay time. I play the game on Heroic, yea my game is tweaked but I have a blast. I still lose lots of Units but it doesn't matter.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Nothing has changed, the AI has some kind of god mode enabled and still spam you with indestructible tanks which when hit by pointblank range directly, see no damage.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Lol u made me chuckle

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Samedi, are you playing the US Campaign in MoW AS??

Well, heres the thing, it sounds more like you need to do research and learn more about what your using and what your fighting. The "75mm Gun" your using, its the Sherman 75mm Stubby isnt it? Well, heres the thing, THAT gun isnt going to kill anything, it needs several shots into the SIDES of German armor to kill them, much less frontal kills.

THe German armor is much more accurate and much more deadly. The Super Tanks your running into are most likely the Boxy Tiger, Panther and King Tiger tanks and your shit ass 75mm Sherman gun ISNT going to kill those.

I am not going to argue that this game gives little reward to flanking manevers nad tanks seem to have Hitpoints where after a number of shots thy die, but still....just gotta learn the game better.

I played the Campaign on EAsy and got shoved back into the sea after the Germans started sending in StuGs and Panzer IVs.....Gotta buy more M10s and learn how to hide and ambush the Germans. You might need a lesson in how to combat the AI rather then complain how they are hacking. They are in a way easy to fool really.

Get better with Direct Controlling your vehicles, then you wont have as big a deal with enemy armor.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

I better play Company of Heroes, they don't say that their game is realistic but it is.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Company of heroes? Realistic??? Are you drunk?

CoH is like CoD....where as MoW is more like Red Orchestra.

Obviously, no game is going to get it exactly realistic, but CoH is no where near it....