Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Just in case some players are unaware of this, the torque of the engine in the plane is what causes the plane to roll. To counter this, simply apply the rudder in the opposite direction and then set the trim. It will at least help a little.

Last edited by xNikex; 08-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

av8r trim is RB on the base...but if you are engaging the he111s you'll need to be moving and rolling...fly straight and you'll get so shot up you won't be able to fly straight...just sayin
________
BOB BONDURANT

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

Could someone please define the terms "deadzone" and "WEP" for noobs like me?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

WEP is "War Emergency Power" just think of it as an afterburner.

DeadZone is an joystick term which means an area of the joysticks field of movement that will cause no input to be registered.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker15 View Post
WEP is "War Emergency Power" just think of it as an afterburner.

DeadZone is an joystick term which means an area of the joysticks field of movement that will cause no input to be registered.
I would never have figured that out, thanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Location: The Moon, or Texas, whichever you prefer to call it

Thanks guys for answering my earlier post. Shame about the deadzone for such a pricey joystick. I guess I'll also have to make some kind of wooden platform to set it on as the vinyl on the couch doesn't like suction cups. Another Q on the Ace Edge, it doesn't say anywhere what the two dials (the smaller and larger gray rotatable "buttons") do or what their purpose is. I'll probably end up looking noobish...but I really can't figure it out.

P.S. Stupidity Alert: I've been saying "Aviator" instead of "Ace Edge" for my past 3 or 4 posts because I've seen it so many times in other posts...So If anyone could answer my last question as well as this one (What is the trim button on the ACE EDGE, not the aviator, that would make me feel a lot less dumb. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wehrwulf; 08-12-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Has anyone figured out why the aircraft like to nose over when landing on sim mode? I have real world flight experience, and I can't figure this one out.

I came in the other day with the most beautifull textbook landing. At 55 knots...WHAM! prop strikes the field. I've tried this with my Ace Edge and the reg controller about 100 times, but to no avail.

I know this is an ongoing problem for many, but has anyone out there actually landed on sim mode?

My only other idea would be to set the trim with my pitchladder at about +10 before making my final approach. I belive this would reduce downforce on the nose when slowing on the ground.

Any ideas?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittmeister86 View Post
I know this is an ongoing problem for many, but has anyone out there actually landed on sim mode?
While I still suck score wise on sim mode I at least managed to pull off a decent landing without flipping over. There are speculations that pulling the throttle back completely acts as wheel brakes. I always pull back the stick when I'm below take off speed, maybe that helps to reduce the chance, but sometimes I also flip over.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
While I still suck score wise on sim mode I at least managed to pull off a decent landing without flipping over. There are speculations that pulling the throttle back completely acts as wheel brakes. I always pull back the stick when I'm below take off speed, maybe that helps to reduce the chance, but sometimes I also flip over.
Thanks for the input.

I know that there are no wheel brakes on the Ace Edge. I have run several tests to confirm this. I also keep the yoke back while rolling out, but it seems I always flip.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

I had a go at landing without use of brakes with the control pad, it is definatly possible.
As mentioned above: pull back on the stick to stop flipping over and to slow down faster. A planes engine is heavy and the tail is light, combined with the layout of the wheels on most WW2 planes the plane is inclined to tilt forward when slowing down.
Make sure you set the flaps to landing aswell.