Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

no undpilot87 you arent going to get the real flight feeling from this game. for anyone who has sat in behind the stick/yoke it will be quite different and a major let down. it is a game, and you have to approach if from that perspective. if you try to fly these ac from the frame of mind of how real ac react, etc you will simply not do very well. but that being said this game is a lot of fun. first off set your sensitivities to about 1/2 for most ac ( that is what i had to do to get the feel for the game...then start to move them up towards full). the 109s are the most stable, so fly the G6 to start and play with the others from there. the 51s are bricks, some of the spits stall like you said way too easy. the game is flawed. if you are playing ps3 then you have 2 different controls to adjust with xbox only 1. dont get discouraged though. actually this is the best non PC air combat game that you can get right now on console. hook up with some of the boys who play the system you do and learn to fly all over again. and you are best off trying real or sim ( there you have flap (10%ish) controls) difficulties. arcade will simply just really frustrate and totally piss you off.. if you are on xbox let me know and we will set up a time and fly around together until you get your gamewings. GT Bobysockser

Last edited by bobbysocks; 04-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undpilot87 View Post
So I have been playing this game for a while and I do like it, however I find myself getting p***ed and turning it off frequently. This is because the planes in this game stall TOO EASY. Now I'm sure you guys are going to call me a noob and say that it takes more practice, but I have the X52 flight stick with rudder pedals and I have adjusted the sensitivity and everything that there is to adjust and it is still too stall happy.
I had the the same problem when I was trying to run with the big dogs and using purist settings. Ratman set me straight however and told me to change my elevator settings to something more manageable, and now it is a completely different and more enjoyable game. Good luck

StiC
Old 04-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
no undpilot87 you arent going to get the real flight feeling from this game. for anyone who has sat in behind the stick/yoke it will be quite different and a major let down. it is a game, and you have to approach if from that perspective. if you try to fly these ac from the frame of mind of how real ac react, etc you will simply not do very well. but that being said this game is a lot of fun. first off set your sensitivities to about 1/2 for most ac ( that is what i had to do to get the feel for the game...then start to move them up towards full). the 109s are the most stable, so fly the G6 to start and play with the others from there. the 51s are bricks, some of the spits stall like you said way too easy. the game is flawed. if you are playing ps3 then you have 2 different controls to adjust with xbox only 1. dont get discouraged though. actually this is the best non PC air combat game that you can get right now on console. hook up with some of the boys who play the system you do and learn to fly all over again. and you are best off trying real or sim ( there you have flap (10%ish) controls) difficulties. arcade will simply just really frustrate and totally piss you off.. if you are on xbox let me know and we will set up a time and fly around together until you get your gamewings. GT Bobysockser
Thats funny because last night I went back to the game and tried fiddling with the settings again and presto! I realized that I was actually adjusting something else besides the sensitivity. I am playing on the PC and there are a lot of different things you can adjust to get the sensitivity where you want it. Anyways I got my stick set up so that if I pull all the way back it will stall but not quite all the way and it will continue flying. After I got it figured out I started on ahh nuts at Bastogne and played through till the end, I was up until 330. Anyway its weird that they have the Spitfire being less maneuverable than other a/c because an elliptical wing is known to be the most efficient wing. I just wish the developers had talked to people that do fly a/c, they're not hard to find.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

cool. the only thing with the sensitivities low is the ac is slower to react. so when you get into online dogfights it is a disadvantage. you wont turn or roll as crisp as the guy on your 6 or the one whose 6 you are on. i flew that way for a long time just to ge the feel for things. then i started to slide them towards full a notch or 2 at a time. if you are dissapointed with the way the spit handles you are really going to be upset when you fly the 51s and 190s...haha
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
cool. the only thing with the sensitivities low is the ac is slower to react. so when you get into online dogfights it is a disadvantage. you wont turn or roll as crisp as the guy on your 6 or the one whose 6 you are on. i flew that way for a long time just to ge the feel for things. then i started to slide them towards full a notch or 2 at a time. if you are dissapointed with the way the spit handles you are really going to be upset when you fly the 51s and 190s...haha
Yea the P-51 on the highest sensitivity is pretty much not flyable. Now if they can just figure out cliffs of dover I can go play a real flight simulator.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Smile Flaps blocked why...?

playing SIM CTA last night so could not use sim flaps (flaps appeared blocked message) and I ask this because reason could not make use of flaps.everyone and good flight
Old 07-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATALIEBRES View Post
playing SIM CTA last night so could not use sim flaps (flaps appeared blocked message) and I ask this because reason could not make use of flaps.everyone and good flight
You broke them by flying too fast.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
You broke them by flying too fast.
that's what I feared but then probe (in the same game) not to itch and level flight and continued to follow does not work
Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATALIEBRES View Post
that's what I feared but then probe (in the same game) not to itch and level flight and continued to follow does not work
Google translate is failing us there lol.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

I think this is a friend I'm sorry but my English is not very good usually speak Spanish (Castilian) jajajaja