Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Default PS3 problems

ok i experienced a few problems with my ps3 lately when it didnt want to read anything else but BoP. I restored default settings and erased evry game files exept BoP and it seems to be reading evry game ok...

But now I can't login to PSN... is it my PS3 acting up again or is the network down for maintenance or something? I tried reseting the modem and rooter and it didnt work.

I'm using a wired connexion set up where I use the same cable coming from the rooter for my PC and the PS3 - I unplugg one of the two when using the other cause the rooter is at the other end of the appartment - and I have absolutly no problem goin online with my PC. I have a PS3 slim barely 3 months old (store warranty expired), should i send it back to Sony?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

This is really weird. I don't know what to tell you. I would for sure call them. IMHO If I was having problems with mine I would probably send it back.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

You know Phil, my PS3's been acting wierd as well lately. It will just log me out in the middle of CoD and say an ethernet cable isn't connected (which is completely false), then when I try to log in, it gives me a DNS error, and I have to wait a couple hours... I think it may be Sony's servers acting up for some reason...
Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

things seems to b under control, but really unstable. I'm able to log in but am subject to alot of disconnections - and freezes on CoD esp.
Hope its the network
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Who's your ISP? Have they recently been bought out (like mine have). Maybe you've been moved onto a new ISP network...?

Otherwise it could be PSN doing updates for the video store. They were doing that recently and taking areas offline in blocks. So who knows?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Who's your ISP? Have they recently been bought out (like mine have). Maybe you've been moved onto a new ISP network...?

Otherwise it could be PSN doing updates for the video store. They were doing that recently and taking areas offline in blocks. So who knows?
If by ISP u mean "internet service provider" i'm with bell, i have no idea about who provides them in turn and if they have been bought... sry im really a noob when it comes to all this technical stuff... all this hasle is pretty much why I never became a PC gamer and stuck to consoles. But things have changed I guess: God I miss the days when all you had to do to fix freezes is blow in the cartridge... good times

Last edited by philabong2; 12-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
God I miss the days when all you had to do to fix freezes is blow in the cartridge... good times
LOL

It may be that your ISP has started shaping traffic again - I googled them, and it seems they caused a stir doing that last year. I know I had problems when my ISP was shaping PSN traffic, thinking it was torrent traffic.

Or it could just be PSN being crap. It has been known lol.

Hope it gets sorted soon though - it's bloody annoying when something that used to work fine suddenly stops. Especially when the solution is beyond your reach.

EDIT: ooooh, just thought... I had a huge problem with PSN after I plugged a Mac into my router. I don't know what it did, but I pushed a pen into the hard reset button (after blaming my ISP and PSN) on the router and re-configured it and it completely sorted it. If you've recently used a different device on yours, you could try that...?