Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Default What do you think about the game?

We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about King's Bounty: The Legend. What are you waiting from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Awesome looking game, my only request is that a demo come out soon!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for your answer. As for the demo, we can't give you any exact information yet. We will let you know, if there is any changes.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

The game looks stunning. I love the graphics and a lot of the quirky new concepts. My main requests would include a nice story-based campaign and a good map editor. Both would definitely increase the game's lasting appeal.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Ill be honest hope it helps.

1 the graphics looks low end and fake i dont know what engin you are yousing. But if that makes the game faster and can run on lower end computers it might be a good thing.

2 The battelfield looks small

3 and making it a rts well that makes it not my kinde of game.

4 Since you are not denying using SF that makes me realy worried. Its sad but youre team can make the best game ever but SF will destroy it.

Withe more info on the game you could get more feed back. But just rember this the old games are fun becuse they focused on the playing and not the grapchics.

Well i wish you luck hope you make a good game.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Overall the game looks superb.
The fantasy feeling is there.
My only concern is that no betatest has been anounced for this game. I know it's not common for russian developers to do that but it's a great way to iron out the bugs, promote the game and many other advantages.

The battlefield seems scalable.
What I like most is the spells.
What I don't like is the absence of castles. I know those won't be in.
Really hope the random maps will be great.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealaz
Overall the game looks superb.
The fantasy feeling is there.
My only concern is that no betatest has been anounced for this game.
I express the same enthousiasm & concern.

Regarding the fantasy feeling - as a HoMM fan - I'll add that the "Heroes feeling" is there.

To soothe down znork's worries a bit (btw, how do you feel as a freshly married man, buddy? ), not only does the battlefield come in different sizes, but it also comes in different shapes. Idea has great potential, hope they implement it well.

My two fav games (HoMM & Civ) are TBS. But the next in line (AoE, EE, AoM etc) are all RTS. So there is hope the game will be very much on my taste - only thing left to see if it can beat HoMM without being a TBS.

One last thing not pointed above, is the skill system. I know there wasn't one in KB, but HoMM fans will really miss it if not there (as I see in the screenshots). This is for me a bigger concern than the beta or the RTS thing, especially because the game is probably too advanced to do much about probably.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

The game looks good, visually impressive. I think what I like most is the way all the units look very individual. In a lot of RTSs, you get units that look very simmilar because they have simmilar weapons. However, with this game, it's not, "Okay, that's a guy on a horse, and that's a guy on a better horse..." it's "Okay, that's a dragon, that's an orc. Bye Bye Orc."

There is also a lot of customizability, esspecially with the way units have alternate Upgrades/Versions, without going into the afforementioned territory. My only worry is about making a mistake about what something is, and that should be hammered out after like a few seconds of gameplay.

I don't know what Starforce is exactly, but it sounds bad, please don't have it.

How customizable is the game? Is it limited just to a Map Editor, or will editing the game files be possible, and if so, how easy/hard? Moddability makes games last longer.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

As most of the previous speakers I think the game looks superb! I can't tell something about gameplay and other things since there is no demo but I'm really looking forward for the game (and the upcoming english website for it!)!

Here my concerns:

1. I don't think having no open beta test is a very good idea. Look at the story of creating Heroes V and what improvements there was to the game because of the open beta!

2. Starf*** is a NO GO! I'm really looking forward for the game since I heard of it the first time but Starf*** is a reason for me not to buy it.

3. I have a question affecting gameplay and multiplayer features: Will there be a hot seat mode? (and if "yes": ) How will it be implemented since there is this real-time RPG-part of the game?

Greetings
Loco Blutaxt
Old 09-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamolxis
One last thing not pointed above, is the skill system. I know there wasn't one in KB, but HoMM fans will really miss it if not there (as I see in the screenshots).
Certainly, there will be the skill system. There will be 3 trees of skills (Power, Spirit, Magic) and each of them will contain 12 sub-skills. Different heroes specialize in different skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daystar
How customizable is the game? Is it limited just to a Map Editor, or will editing the game files be possible, and if so, how easy/hard? Moddability makes games last longer.
Yes, editting files will be possible, but it isn't decided yet to what extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Blutaxt
2. Starf*** is a NO GO! I'm really looking forward for the game since I heard of it the first time but Starf*** is a reason for me not to buy it.

3. I have a question affecting gameplay and multiplayer features: Will there be a hot seat mode? (and if "yes" How will it be implemented since there is this real-time RPG-part of the game?
As for starforce, it depends on the european/north-american distributor (Nobilis/Atari). It's up to them to decide.
As for hot seat mode, there won't be such mode, only single-player mode will be presented. But later the multiplayer add-ons are planned to be released.