Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

I agree the game can be hard there are 2 things to make it much easier-

Get the 2 Rage Spirits ASAP its very easy to get the Swamp Spirit going, just buy some yummy spiders or poisonous snakes to feed him. The other a not too hard fight with some Mages.

Once you have those two Spirits the game becomes much easier along with Scouting.

Max out Scouting asap this skill can really help you pick and choose your battles. Here on it will be the first skill I get. It is a huge help remember, know thy enemy.

GB
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

I have found that the quest log information is not the best. I try not to pick up too many quests at once so I don't forget where I got them from. Also don't click on a quest without reading it first and use the notes option.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Well, I've just finished my second game on Hard and I actually think the game is too easy, not too hard. Especially in the later stages as a Mage. Anyway, there is always an easy fight, but you might have to search around for it. I wonder whether Warrior is in fact harder than Mage? Because I found Mage to be MUCH easier than Paladin in the long run.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Ya, I agree. Mage was very easy once you get some solid int + chaos magic ranks and a few neat spells (Rain of fire is awesome).

As a paladin, I have a rough time atm. Although I have been very unlucky with troops, I have yet to see anything but pirates in freedom island. All I have are fragile units
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Writhan, at the end of the game I was using Rain of Fire twice a turn for the first three turns in every fight, for about 3000-4000 damage per hit. You can theoretically hit seven enemies, but normal was two or three. I just owned everything with this and the occasional Armageddon (like when fighting the big orc at the end).
Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Ya. Exactly. I only had 2/3 higher magic or whatever though, didn't get to invest into the last point as I completed the game at level 24 or so.

As a paladin, you're only "damage" is your troops, and they are slightly weaker then the warriors troops. Sure, you can heal them, and rezz some of them.. but you still need good troops to begin with. I have been very unlucky as I said, I have yet to find a troop with decent hit points and damage. All my ranged units are a mess. I'm using goblin archers, archers, evil eyes (At least good) and half a stack of archmages (Sold out). And using goblin shamans to tank.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Writhan, at the end of the game I was using Rain of Fire twice a turn for the first three turns in every fight, for about 3000-4000 damage per hit. You can theoretically hit seven enemies, but normal was two or three. I just owned everything with this and the occasional Armageddon (like when fighting the big orc at the end).
try game as warrior on impossible now
Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

The start of the game can be really easy or really hard depending on what order you do things.
My 2 suggestions:
- Concentrate on the main quest until you get the spirit box and get the first 2 spirits up and running.
- Leave the swamps for last! The other two regions in the first continent are so much easier.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
try game as warrior on impossible now
Is there any point being a Warrior really? I take it you are saying this would be the hardest way to play the game?

If I play on Impossible it will have to be as a Mage. Do you Russian guys agree? The whole business of improved ragebox and higher leadership does nothing for me. Having played through on Hard with a Paladin and Mage, it seems to me that Mage is easily better in the long run.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

yeah, 40,50,60 rage is'nt a big differences

suppose you choose leadership every 3 level, at level 28 that would make 2900 leadership differences, most likely less if you prefer other option like atk / int