Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

These games are made by really small developers, ok. I really don't see the problem. Oh no they're leeching sales from Microsoft, I'm going to cry-- Microsoft could really use that money. Ship Simulator is starting to get really quite good, they're improving it every year-- as opposed to Flight Simulator. Haven't tried this Bus Simulator though, but it doesn't look too bad. The thing is these smaller guys must be allowed to keep iterating on their work, as a small team it's impossible to keep up with big business in all aspects of the game and still be able to ship products every now and then. As long as they keep improving the product with each release, I again really don't see the problem. In conclusion, you are a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaroija View Post
Okay, here's a shocking clip that proves this 'simulator' being a turd, as the bus turns like a formula 1, and the game looks horrible!
And the menu music is a cheesy ripoff from a Finnish song. :/

The graphics are from '00, and why the heck are the gauges right in the middle of the screen? A dumb idea. Also, didn't see any dashboard shots or anything inside the bus.
I strongly doubt of this being a good simulator.
BTW, it's somewhat amusing, that these smaller firms that make 'simulators' with a title of [Insert Simulated Vehicle Type] Simulator, use always the Microsoft's font, wich they use ie. in Flight Simulator, just to get some kind of a subliminal reaction to the buyer, so one might think that it's a quality sim. (If he thinks FS is one)

Compare these:

Flight Simulator 2004
Bus Simulator 2008
Ship Simulator 2008

And they're all from different devs/publishers (real obvious).
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
These games are made by really small developers, ok. I really don't see the problem. Oh no they're leeching sales from Microsoft, I'm going to cry-- Microsoft could really use that money. Ship Simulator is starting to get really quite good, they're improving it every year-- as opposed to Flight Simulator. Haven't tried this Bus Simulator though, but it doesn't look too bad. The thing is these smaller guys must be allowed to keep iterating on their work, as a small team it's impossible to keep up with big business in all aspects of the game and still be able to ship products every now and then. As long as they keep improving the product with each release, I again really don't see the problem. In conclusion, you are a fool.
AMEN
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

amin!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Well, I'm sorry about that. I was in a bad mood. (or some other bad excuse)
I just thought that they would have done better, since I thought, that Bus Driver had some things to improve.
Well, maybe still, the devs of Bus Sim will be making a "sequel", despite of complaining idiots like the one here.

By the way, what's your opinion about this and bus driver in comparison?

Oh, and I wasn't suppose to talk crap about Ship Sim, since i've tried 'em, and they are pretty good.

Last edited by Kitaroija; 01-10-2008 at 02:51 PM.