Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Registered Member

Default help please, editor.

ello all.

Been playing though the campains and loved them so far, so i decided to make a map me and my brother would like to play.

i'm not very skilled at using the editor but i wanted to give it a try.

i've made the map, set our castles to the elf ones, set deploy zones, set us as "aqua, human, elf" and "green, human, elf" and selected "units available for buying". but after loading up the map we cant seem to deploy men that we buy option is grayed out, need some help in being able to deploy men please.

Also, is thier anyway to be able to give oursevles gold at the beginning of each and every turn?/ get an income per turn from castles/villages etc, such as starter castle grants 100 gold per turn, a villiage may give 40 gold, and a town might give 50, so 190 per turn. (we wanted to start with little cash, but be able to buy men as the turns went on.)

i've uploaded my map to filefront, its 7.7mb (zip file), and the unzipped it 14.9mb.

http://hosted.filefront.com/wowcurse/
(hopfully link will work)

thanks for any help! (and your time!)

(its 3:30am here, so going bed shorty, but will check back in morning/afternoon)

Last edited by wowcurse; 02-25-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

I have a first draft of an editor guide online, it will tell you how to handle deployment.

http://alexmars.com/FW_editor_guide1.htm
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

hi, i read though your guide before posting this thread, it helped in setting up victory condiction and events. But still cant seem to find what i did wrong for deployment of units.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

You forgot the deployment task in the trigger editor. You don't have any trigger tasks at all, by the way.

Nice looking map, but I will be interested to see how it runs when you get it done, with that many troops and that large an area it is pushing the performance limits.

Last edited by Alex Mars; 02-26-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

yea i been playing around with triggers, but not saved them. And the map will be played on my computer using hotseat. i'll check the tigger for deployment and hopfully will work! thanks for info again.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

thanks to your help, ive managed to set deploy area tigger! which i did't know. So we can play now, and i've also managed to set it up so we get 50 gold per day!

what i want to do now, is set up so we can get extra gold per day if were in control of another castle.