Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

Default Multiplayer

I read somewhere there were problems with MP, however that was before release. Whenever I try to create a game, it says I need an external IP, I'm assuming this is because i'm behind a router, since the router has the external and assigns everything on the network their own addresses in accordance with the router to correctly send info back and forward.

However... is there any way around this, I noticed it said I can still join games, just can't create? I have gone out of the way to assign a static IP for the router, however again it isn't the external IP provided address.

So any work arounds... since I don't want to break down my network for a few hours to play with a friend, lmfao.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Well, troubles with the router, I'm going to wait till morn to reset it and check ports forwarding, are there Internet games going on? I would like to KNOOOOW hoping there are since I'm in MP.

After lookin into the MP read in the dir for the game I assume you can still host behind a router, guess I don't have the correct ports forwarded, I know the game has been set as and except to windows, sooo... yeah!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Yes, you can join a game hosted by someone with external IP. Another solution is to use Hamachi. Here are Steam groups for ToW, you can find partners for MP there:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Theatre_of_war
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theatreoW
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, shouldn't any of these servers appear in the internet servers list? I'm sure my router is playing games with me.

Thanks for the groups, I'll save them for sure.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

If anyone has managed to host a game behind a router, please... let me know how you went about it... I can't seem to get this thing to work.

I've tried port triggering, port forwarding, hell both, made sure my pc had a set IP to the router and not a random one so that it works.

Has a host name service or anything else worked?