Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Meeting Engagements with no trench systems?

I own the whole series except for CAen at the moment. I have finished the British and German campaigns in Africa. However so far the either myself or the enemy seem to have had time to dig gigantic prepared positions that I must virtually run directly into.
Surely their were situations where battles without trenches were fought?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

I noticed the exactly same thing, Played about 50% of africa and now working on Kursk which is imo alot better overall game and more impressive. So far though still always seems to be assualt vs defend, wasnt kursk a liquid moving battlefield with armor? Where are the, race the enemy to seize the town, or each side has 50% of a city, push the enemy out!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Defensive stage of the Kursk battle when Germans were trying to break through Russian defences is depicted in the game. However, there are more than enough Soviet armor counterattacks.
Try the MP missions which are basically 'control more flags than enemy does' (create a new match just with you and AI) or you can try in-game Battle generator in Kursk or Simple editor in both games to create an engament you want.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Ok that sounds good. I havent played that far yet so my experience was mainly based on Africa, which for the US campaign I only remember 1 assualt total...
Do many people play mp? Are there groups?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

For example, there is a Steam group.