Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Smile Net player

Hi all

First post on forum.

I have just downloaded TOW 2 via steam and am getting a problem when I run the game. Net Framework setup starts and half way through stops with the message "Setup cannot continue because this version of Net Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one"

Am running XP and the currently equiped Net framework, well in add/remove progs I appear to have 4 .. 1.1 ,, 2 sp2 ,, 3 sp2 ,, and 3.5spi.

Ahh, almost forgot, if I cancel the Net Framework install the game will start and I started the the novice tutorial but when I went into the settings menu mid scenario it hard froze my pc and I had to re-boot

I am a bit unsure about just deleting and any advice would be most welcome.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Net framework is used only by additional editors, so i think that the freeze you had was caused by something else. I suggest playing some more, maybe all will be fine.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for that. I got around that by renaming a file so the net player install doesn't start. Sadly I am having issues with run time error 3 when playing the game. I have an 8800gt with up to date drivers and have set my page file to 3gb but my system is a bit old and is creaking under the load a bit I think. I have an overclocked Opteron (@ 2. with only 2gigs of system ram which Ic say is the minimum. I am searching around trying to find ways around this... I have it on Steam btw