Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Is Reboot a stand-alone?

This may be a bit of a daft question, but I've seen conflicting mentions: Is SR2 Reboot an expansion that requires SR2, or is it a "remake"/improved stand-alone version of SR2?

Just trying to figure out if I have to buy both games or if I only need Reboot.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

I believe both versions exist.
Various sites mention the expansion pack while I myself have bought the stand-alone version. If you're looking anywhere in particular to buy it, feel free to post the link so we can try to figure out whether it's the stand-alone version or not
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Space Rangers 2: Reboot is a stand-alone game and you don't need to buy original SR2 to play it.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Morning, and thanks for the responses!

Nike-it, so the version at GamersGate (link here) is definitely a stand-alone? The description says that it is an add-on, so this threw me a bit off.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Morning, and thanks for the responses!

Nike-it, so the version at GamersGate (link here) is definitely a stand-alone? The description says that it is an add-on, so this threw me a bit off.
Yes, it doesn't need original SR2.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Thank you. I'll add this to my list of games to buy and play. Maybe able to fit it in before Crossworlds, but the 17th is approaching fast!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

There is a version of SR2-Reboot at Amazon (USA). The price is good (better than Steam) and I believe it comes with a manual - always a plus (at least it doesn't say otherwise). I have heard in the past that SR2 has some rather invasive copy protection on it. Has this been removed? Is the version at Amazon w/o all that 'garbage' ? I am *NO* pirate. I just don't like putting all that "Can't read your disc - please insert the original dvd" stuff on my machine. Thank you very much for your reply (hopefully from a 1C employee). Oh, and it's a stand alone, right? Really appreciate it and I hope to buy this right away, I've heard some very good things about it... Thanks again.