Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
Generally speaking, I only take out pirates if they are 'bad' or 'hostile', certainly,if they have an 'excellent' attitude to me I don't concern myself why (maybe I took out a competitor?) and just leave them alone.
Same here. And so far I'm not even that actively attacking the "bad" ones.
Though it's an interesting question, what determines someone's attitude towards you.
I'm sure race, their occupation (pirate vs other), your relations with planets of that race in the current star system, your armament and cargo, historical fighting against them, ... all play a role.
Not sure whether your ranger ranking and your Dominator, pirate & other kills are taken into account.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Also, there seems to be 'levels' in this Reboot version. Almost overnight is seems I cannot scan ships because their sheilding is too high, new technology has started appearing en masse at prices of 100,000 plus and generally there seems to have been a 'jump' rather than a smooth curve, meaning I am still trying to raise money for better compnents and hulls, just like i was at the start, but now I have 35,000c and everything is 50,000 plus, just like when I had 1,000cr everything was 3,000cr!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

I've seen other people comment on that before though so far I haven't noticed any such radical jumps. Though that's probably because I check out the available equipment whenever I land on a Gaalian planet and I wouldn't really notice if the most expensive hull I can't buy is suddenly 500K instead of 300K.
Like you say, there's constantly items (especially hulls or unique ships) out of price range but that also incentivizes you to play on and make more money.

What's a little annoying though are all those planets that keep selling weak, old material even when everyone is already using the more advanced stuff. I should really remember using the search engine to find better equipment, so far I never thought of doing that.
Right now I've got 250K cash on hand and nothing in particular that I want to buy urgently, though I keep seeing offers for unique ships for 1000K (and only available to those with a high piracy or military rating, which I don't have yet)