Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Lol...I doubt it.
It's just takes them a lot of time to get the english version out,like seen with other games(EVEN 2 years ffs). And even then,the translation is so so,but I don't care since if it's a good game I'll buy it.

A little confirmation would be great though,since we ARE customers willing to pay for a product 1C will rls(someday,maybe).
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

The game is expected to be released in October.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

Only four days are left for the game to be released. I'm wating eagerly.
By the way, someone change the topic name from Not The Time For Dragons to A Farewell To Dragons.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

now available for pre-order http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AFTD/a-farewell-to-dragons
Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

According to the gamersgate A Farewell To Dragons is a DRM-free game. I think I'm going to buy it from this site because of it. I really hate DRM. Because, I have two computers in my house. One for gaming, and one for internet (notebook). So, I don't like a game wants to connect to the internet to authorize itself. It's quite a pain to carry the PC case to my living room, and connect it to internet, then carry it back. I bought lots of RPGs from gog bec of this DRM-free method.

I have two questions to you:
Is an internet connection still required to play the game on my gaming PC? And can I use this service from europe, or service is limited to a region?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
According to the gamersgate A Farewell To Dragons is a DRM-free game. I think I'm going to buy it from this site because of it. I really hate DRM. Because, I have two computers in my house. One for gaming, and one for internet (notebook). So, I don't like a game wants to connect to the internet to authorize itself. It's quite a pain to carry the PC case to my living room, and connect it to internet, then carry it back. I bought lots of RPGs from gog bec of this DRM-free method.

I have two questions to you:
Is an internet connection still required to play the game on my gaming PC? And can I use this service from europe, or service is limited to a region?
I have to add though, for the games that do have drm, even the limited activation ones, gamersgate will always give you more activations for these. You're never running out of anything on there. Only thing is won't be able to play one copy of the same game on two computers at the same time.

Also, I believe you actually do have to be connected online to install games at all, even if you pre-download on the internet computer then copy the temporary files over to the other computer. There is a tiny gamersgate installer wrapper program that needs your gamersgate username/password information. The DRM info on the game pages is referring specifically to the game itself. This is only for the installation process though, there is no gamersgate client or program attached to the game itself-- so once installed you can go completely offline with it.

Edit: Just saw your added questions now. Gamersgate is based in Sweden, so it's very Europe friendly. Although there are some regional differences on some games-- mostly for UK and Germany.

Last edited by Divebomb; 10-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

I get best speeds from GG and I also consider it the best place to get games.

This was instant buy for me,thanks for the heads up.
Now to keep an eye out for Star Wolves 3.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

only played through the tutorial stuff and done some random fights while getting familiar with the interface.. then got to the inn. so hardly done anything so far. but really nice. I like how far out you can zoom the camera.

anyone else playing?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Really good game.

However there are a number of bugs that desperately need a patch.

1. Several pathing issues exist which see a character(s) get stuck inside of a river, mountain, tree etc. Currently only solution is to restart the game at an earlier save point.

2. Talking to any clan NPC's whilst wearing the appropriate manipulator necklace causes the game to crash and close. Only solution is to not use the necklaces, which were undoubtedly intended to be used.

3. Creatures, mostly summoned ones, have a tendancy to just stop mid battle and stand there, even when killed their graphic remains as a standing character. While this does make fights easier, it is also throwing the balance of the game out and makes it more difficult to know who you've killed and who you haven't in a big battle.

4. Once adjusting the slider to show tags at all times, it no longer adjusts to any lower setting. I had wanted to see if I liked all tags on but after seeing how they can obscure things behind them in battle I wanted to change it to highlight enemies only (the default setting) however everything is still highlighted. Changing it to highlight nothing had no affect either.

Still enjoying the game but it would be so much more fun with these issues resolved.

Is there any plans for a patch? One under way?

thanks for all your hard work in making a game in a style that far too many have given up on.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

1. is characters actually getting stuck in scenery stuff? woah, haven't had that.

really love the differences in this over usual fantasy settings/worlds. the story and dialogues is like reading fantasy books like wheel of time or something. really hokey or whatever but I love it, a lot of character relation stuff in there also, and the hehe the more in depth descriptions of characters inside the text. not too far in yet and haven't really done any interesting quests yet, but I enjoy the dialogues and story so far.

could you give a brief rundown of what you've done in the game alusair? any interesting or unusual quests?