Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

- I know only few words in russian, I'm romanian, but that word is a nasty offence in both languages, like slut in english. It was a male voice saying something with "...mama...de kurva". The accent was mostly romanian than russian (they had Moldova where people speak mostly romanian and few in Ukrain). No cast spell or idle talk from oggs finished with that word, but I noticed few numbers skipped, like in reitor_idle1.ogg to reitor_idle5.ogg, number four is missing, tori_idleX.ogg from russian version where number seven from eight is missing (english version have only six) or could be something not shown after any last number of a group. I still think that I was wrong and it was something else. Instead I'm absolutely certain that a voice of a (wounded? attacking?) female in english version occasionally in battles said her line in pure russian.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflower View Post
It was a male voice saying something with "...mama...de kurva". The accent was mostly romanian than russian (they had Moldova where people speak mostly romanian and few in Ukrain). No cast spell or idle talk from oggs finished with that word. I still think that I was wrong and it was something else.
What does he say in tori_dmgstun.ogg? I'm pretty sure I heard korva/kurva in there.
Quote:
Instead I'm absolutely certain that a voice of a (wounded? attacking?) female in english version occasionally in battles said her line in pure russian.
rada_dMgcrit1.ogg because the one in media1.pk is rada_dNgcrit1.ogg. (typos, typos...)

BTW: Sometimes when russian people die they say something like musik/muszik. WHat does that mean?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
What does he say in tori_dmgstun.ogg? I'm pretty sure I heard korva/kurva in there.
rada_dMgcrit1.ogg because the one in media1.pk is rada_dNgcrit1.ogg. (typos, typos...)

BTW: Sometimes when russian people die they say something like musik/muszik. WHat does that mean?
- You give me too much credit, sorry if I made the impression I speak russian; I know just few words and can read letter by letter their alphabet, I have only good ears. I don't think though that is the file that I possible heard.
- Possible, it may be too, but I think is wizf_f_dmgcrit1.ogg from russian version asking for help, like in english version; that female russian call for help I heard certainly more than four times in battles.
- Music in russian is "muzica" (like in romanian), but we need a native for more. Maybe is heavenly one, it makes sense.

Last edited by silverflower; 12-05-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
At the end of the game you're supposed to talk with the boss before beating him, however the game crashes as soon as I approach (sure, it's the ultimate way to defeat the player, but that's not the way it's supposed to end!).

Question1: has anyone managed to talk to the boss?
Question2: are there crash logs somewhere to help me diagnose the cause?
A1: No, crashes on me, too.
A2: Dunno.

Thanks for the fix - though the ending was lame. A nice anim or a conclusion for the story would have been nice...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Csimbi, huh?...Arr YOU again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
A1: No, crashes on me, too.
A2A1: Now that I have seen the root cause, I think the only way not to crash is to have a lucky/undetected buffer overflow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
Thanks for the fix - though the ending was lame. A nice anim or a conclusion for the story would have been nice...
-Well you DO have a conclusion, even if no human being is able to read it fast enough. I put the transcript on post 18.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Csimbi, huh?...Arr YOU again!

-Well you DO have a conclusion, even if no human being is able to read it fast enough. I put the transcript on post 18.
Yes, it's me again You missed me?

I see. I managed to read the first two lines of that, then it was gone. Thanks for posting it.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

As if I could possibly miss you. Shoo shoo, go away, there is nothing to mod here!
'ma at least if there is a format I can't reverse I know whose PM box to spam.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
- Thank You for the unpacker, works fine. I listened almost all oggs in english and russian and... nothing! I could swear I heard twice that word in a romanian or russian sentence but I was probably mistaken or it's a hidden eastern egg.
I can't hear the character voices either. I thought the game just didn't have them... seemed oddly void of them. I downloaded the little archive unpacker, but it doesn't work for me. It says "not configured correctly, please reinstall". But it only came with the .exe and a .dll file. I unpacked them together and tried putting them in the same folder as the .pk files I wanted to unpack. What OS do you use? Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

BTW: did you figure out how to make the voices work in game?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
I can't hear the character voices either. I thought the game just didn't have them... seemed oddly void of them. I downloaded the little archive unpacker, but it doesn't work for me. It says "not configured correctly, please reinstall". But it only came with the .exe and a .dll file. I unpacked them together and tried putting them in the same folder as the .pk files I wanted to unpack. What OS do you use? Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

BTW: did you figure out how to make the voices work in game?
I could not hear the sounds when the in-game setting was surround. I switched audio to stereo, and then I could hear them. Might be hardware/driver specific - don't know. I have Realtek on-board audio.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

I can hear sound, but the characters don't say...anything. I can hear some things when they cast spells and use abilities, but other than that there are no voices other than the narration in the beginning.