Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

man you are genius.so there is almost no problem now.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

i noticed that during localization process they always change a few things.that loading screen is probably one of them, you tempted me to see these differences between eng and rus versions!!

Last edited by persoiranian; 11-18-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by persoiranian View Post
man you are genius.
More like I'm used to solving my issues myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persoiranian View Post
so there is almost no problem now.
almost=everything Noooooooooo!!! and I said in this thread AND the fact that the final dialog is in russian (and it's quite long)...
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Patch

For users: OK, I fixed it. You just have to put the following .pk archive in the same directory as media.pk and media1.pk to see the final dialog in english.

For the devs: The exact cause is that the cue "[You see Reetor sitting on the sandy shore of the island, unable to move as each effort shoots unbearable pain through his shattered bones. You see Torne, the leader of the Water clan, his body adrift on the waves that do not even try to wash it ashore. You see Andre, who has finally managed to get out of his castle. An Earth mage, resting upon a thin black rock rising up from the sea. You see the redheaded Liz, whose heart, in defiance of everything, is still beating within the blazing depths of Oros. All the mages are looking at the Outer World Castle - you can feel it in you. And their eyes are glimmering with faint and desperate hope.]" has a length of 0x287 characters and not 0x288 which is the value written in d073_loc25.dmb.

Last note: I just regret not being able to compress when repacking.

EDIT: for those who don't/don't want to/can't have a 1C account, you can find the fix here:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5Q02F3B6
EDIT (2017): re-up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4zvw6t...s_media100.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip media100.zip (5.7 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by Gniarf; 11-28-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

Great job.thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Dude you RULE!!!!!!!

And btw the ending sucks

Last edited by anilinov; 12-03-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
hehe, I wrote my own unpacker.
- Can you share a method to extract and play bca files (or something like tori_idle1.ogg)? The Voice and Effect sliders are linked somehow and the companion voices when commenting are very low. I have Audigy 4 and tried a couple of drivers with no improvement listening stereo only checked everywhere (still central speaker missing?). I'm quite sure I heard Torry saying something about a whore (curva), in Romanian or Russian in replying to Loy, maybe. I want to check this and I'll translate here what they are saying.
- Yes, the ending deserves more, I'm not even had the time to read the last words, it was too fast.

Last edited by silverflower; 12-04-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflower View Post
- Can you share a method to extract and play bca files (or something like tori_idle1.ogg)?
-What tells you bca are audio files? I looked at their content and couldn't find any clue.
-I posted my unpacker below, but know that it doesn't extract the files in their respective directory. Why? Because they don't store the directory names in the archive but only their hash. As a result you can't repack (unless you make the header by hand from the original one).
-Oh, and I'm not responsible if it blows in your face!

Quote:
I'm quite sure I heard Torry saying something about a whore (curva), in Romanian or Russian in replying to Loy, maybe. I want to check this and I'll translate here what they are saying.
Im curious to see that.
Quote:
- Yes, the ending deserves more, I'm not even had the time to read the last words, it was too fast.
it says (typos are a bonus):
"Victor stretched.

With all his armored body.

From the sharp whip of his tail right to the edges of his wings.

The Lord of the Midworld took over the Dragon's Island.

Loy Iver, naked and alive, carried Ritor's head on her knees.She was watching the sky and shaking her Head in amusement.
Near the Outworld Castle gates the unicorn shook his golden mane.

Dragon the Created was born"
And there is only one outro, it says the same thing regardless of what you choose (D/DS) at the end.

EDIT (2017): mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iwkp9g...onArchives.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip AFarewellToDragonArchives.zip (37.5 KB, 129 views)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
-What tells you bca are audio files? I looked at their content and couldn't find any clue.
-I posted my unpacker below, but know that it doesn't extract the files in their respective directory. Why? Because they don't store the directory names in the archive but only their hash. As a result you can't repack (unless you make the header by hand from the original one).
-Oh, and I'm not responsible if it blows in your face!

Im curious to see that.
- Thank You for the unpacker, works fine. I listened almost all oggs in english and russian and... nothing! I could swear I heard twice that word in a romanian or russian sentence but I was probably mistaken or it's a hidden eastern egg.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm quite sure I heard Torry saying something about a whore (curva), in Romanian or Russian in replying to Loy, maybe.
Could you write what you heard?
PS: I can't read russian characters.