Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
I can hear sound, but the characters don't say...anything. I can hear some things when they cast spells and use abilities, but other than that there are no voices other than the narration in the beginning.
I had the same symptoms. Just try it.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It says "not configured correctly, please reinstall". But it only came with the .exe and a .dll file. I unpacked them together and tried putting them in the same folder as the .pk files I wanted to unpack. What OS do you use?
Win7x64. I just tested on a win XP x86 and had the same problem. Currently diagnosing the cause...
Quote:
Any idea what's going on?
It is most likely because I used the MFC (I tought it would be harmless, but then again M$ added all its crap) Try updating your Visual C runtime (google for vcredist 9.0) and/or your .net framework (would be weird because I didn't use the .net thinggie).

EDIT: yeah that's it, you just need to update your vcredist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
I could not hear the sounds when the in-game setting was surround. I switched audio to stereo, and then I could hear them. Might be hardware/driver specific - don't know. I have Realtek on-board audio.
Might be "mono=mute left speaker" combined with "play voices only on left speaker". It's just a theory though.

Last edited by Gniarf; 12-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.