Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 08-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamwookie View Post
This is a one element of it's design. Don't play it if your not into the that style of a single player campaign, go back to MoW with the Russia equivalent of Cookie Monster telling you what to do...

But I'm going to get nailed to the MoW wall here because in the game forum world you can't like two games in the same genre at the same time
I think your right there,you either like arcade style games or you like more realistic,type of games,so its really personal choice,also with games like MOW you have to invest more time to play both with single & multiplayer games,where as COH is a game you can pick up have a quick uncomplemented game,then put it down again quite quickly.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

I'm wanting to get into MoW but my first born child just won't allow any time for gaming.

Hints and Tips from me:
Complete all your games before having a child. Don't buy Empire total war...

A tear wells in my eye as these games are in my steam account but I've not got time to play them...

I enjoy both MoW and CoH.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm wanting to get into MoW but my first born child just won't allow any time for gaming.

Hints and Tips from me:

A tear wells in my eye as these games are in my steam account but I've not got time to play them...

Whats your wife doing then lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Hints and Tips from me:

I'm in the same situation. My precious son just turned 6 months, and started to sleep regularly after 9:00pm so then I have 2-3 hours for my war duties before my face hits the keyboard and snoring appears.

I prefer realism in games so CoH dissapointed me, MoW is actually my top wwII rts, despite of horrible iface and some smaller issues.

Last edited by lacki2000; 08-22-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Whats better in COH (mulitplayer)? I can say it to you:

1. More fairness of the players

2. No Spawnpointkillers

3. English Speakers/ the "universal language" (no one can understand you)

4. I can see on the statics, how good is the player (many games are not the result of good games)

Thats the fact of no frustration! And in the moment i have a lot with the players in this game... It's a great pity, because the game is great!

by the way... there are groups of good player, who want to play? And they are english speaker?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

CoH is good (with skin mods, as i dont like blue germans) but MoW just blows it away the only thing i think CoH has that MoW need is a SP skirmish mode... I crash everytime i try to play online and the SP campaign has a lot of commando style missions which i hate
Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

lets be honest guys: MoW rapes that CoH shit.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Approved Member

Lol, those are just 10 of the reasons MoW is better then CoH..ive got about 300 more.

1: MoW Sounds waaaayyyy better. In CoH Tanks sound like they are throwing a baseball against a wodden fence when they fire, just a low gay thud sound

2: Modding it is tedious, long, annoying.

3: The Magic abilities definitly kinda makes it gay.

4: How you have to sit and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot to kill anything w/ infantry. 2 squads just sit there and fire for days and nothing happens.

5: Weapon accuracy....this ties in with #4, gun accuracies are already stuopid low then cover bonus and veterancy just makes it worse. Tank MGs are terrible......at long range 0.005 accuracy. No wonder they never do anything.

6: Ranges, CoH and MoW this is one thing I dont like about either but CoH its waaaaayyyyy worse. Your guns shoot 35 but 35 is like 2 inches in game.
Artillery doesnt fire 5 feet, tanks kiss targets before they fire.

7: Squads and movement of them. You got 4-6 guys all huddled together and when you try to move them it takes an act of god to get them to move. Sometimes they dance around each other, other times they just take thier sweet time going where you want while dancing around each other. When you try to place them somewhere you cant really get them in good cover, they just go to these tiny dots on the ground. Also the squad bit is lame b/c one guy gets suppresssed and the whole squad get hit, regardless of where they are, then trying to move them away from teh MG takes more diving intervention, time and again even though I am moving them away from the MG one guy decides its a good idea to crawl CLOSER.......MoW movement is just better

8: Hitpoints....seriously? I never was a fan of the whole Hitpoint thing and its nice to see MoW got rid of it, mostly, Infantry have it but it works well.

9: Upgrade system. I hate in any game the upgrade system. you start with crap, gotta run around gatehring supplies to get good stuff. Finally see the good stuff when the game is ending so you basically get to do nothing with the good stuff, kinda makes it a waste eh?

10: AI........on Normal they are chumps, on Hard they cheat on Expert its rediculous. They give me a fight for 5 mins then sit around. Ive got some mod for the Panzer Elite I did up changing the PE around alot making the hard and expert AI easeir to beat and in it if I give myself just one AI buddy the bot will fight me for like 5 mins then sit in its base for the rest and only send out like 1 squad at a time......so it doesnt really fight me. If i dont give me an Ally then I get steamrolled b/c the AI just magically becomes 10x better and gets 10x the men and stuff......Of course im not a big fan of the MoW AI at times but still...meh.....w/e Im Sure ive still got more things I dont like about it but then there is tons I dont like about evey game I play hahah....I cant wait till im on my PC and ever able to Play MoW again....its simply better then CoH.....
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. +2 for CoH though for sound and graphics, but that's about it.
+1, it has good graphics.....sounds are kinda gay, MoW sounds imo are waaaaay cooler.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
lets be honest guys: MoW rapes that CoH shit.
Amen to that