Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Default I've got some real issues with this game.

I just spent 2hrs playing the games first battle (US vs. Japan) on Tarawa, which, I suppose is supposed to be a starter mission, to acclimate you to the game. One big problem, it doesn't show you how to do anything. Does this game not have a Tutorial? The manual is near useless, so I was hoping and kept waiting for, the game to walk me through doing things, but it never happened.

Finally, I beat the level, though I don't know how, since I felt I could figure out little more than moving troops and calling in reinforcements.

Anyway, I'm coming to the experts to have some questions (hopefully) answered:

1) Can you not reform lone soldiers into other units? Or at least reinforce them to put them back at full strength?

2) Why is single player called "Skirmish mode"? Can you not practice against the computer in a user designed/altered skirmish setting, like Company of Heroes, where you can choose maps, sides, etc?

3) How do you play the single player as someone other than the US?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

You posted this thread in wrong forum. Visit: http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/for...php?99-English or this: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=176
Men of War: Assault Squad is a standalone multiplayer expansion for MOW which doesn't have tutorials (actually neither MOW has it). If you want normal single campaign you should buy original MOW.
If not then do this: Go to Multiplayer-LAN-Assault Zones, start a game with custom settings (180CP and 50000MP). Try out all buttons, learn the direct control, check out keyboard shortcuts, test different type of units. Right click on the units card on the right to see their properties (click on Specifications).
After it, go to Multiplayer-LAN-Skirmish and you can see all skirmish missions with all nations. Play couple of skirmishes alone then go online and you can play those missions with other players in cooperative mode. If you feel ready, try out the real thing Assault Zones and Frontlines game modes (Combat is stupid)
This is the most complex and realistic WW2 game, even the angle of the projectile hits matters, so you will learn this game for weeks But it worth the time.

Last edited by SeventeenPounder; 07-04-2011 at 08:26 PM.