Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

You're welcome.

I forgot something.

You should begin getting grand strategy medal from the very begining of the game, yep, even in the training offered by the king's knight in front of his castle you must already do a no loss till you get grand strategy medal 2. To do this, in case you do not know, just dump all your units to the castle garison, you'll be given paladin unit for free, just use this till you finished the training.

And in the begining, it's much easier to use 4 inquisitor split to 4 stacks, yep i mean using four 1 inquisitor, this will allow your pet dragon to lv up quicker than bringing full forces and easier no loss game. This stage of the game is also the best stage to get the increase damage to inquisitor and paladin medal, if you encounter enemy with ranged unit, kill most of them and left very few ranged unit, and then as you already know, keep using heal till you reach round 10. And don't forget to dig treasure chest. Don't worry to run out of mana, you have mana accelerator from pet dragon and four 1 inquisitor as rage gatherer.

Forgot to mention it, the best pet dragon is the blue one, reason? he/she has +1 initiative bonus.

Use that setup till most of enemies left there are not killable with that setup for no loss. Then switch to using full troops. Royal thorn, orc tracker and three 1 inquisitor is a good start, then you can add royal snake. As for hero battle, you need to finish them very quickly before they do nasty damage with their magic, maybe you need to use full 5 stacks of unit to finish them asap, just do what you deem best.

Last edited by atlatea; 12-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

I just did a noloss victory and i thought the Baal fight was disappointingly easy. Actually i had one loss in Baal fight, the enemy tricked me into killing his last two troops before i could ressurect, i didn't bother playing again because the Baal fight was so boring. I could get my paladins up to 95% phys res, with around 40 Att and Def Baal couldn't even kill one of them with his physical attack and every Demon stack was 1 hit killed - so i figured there is no point doing the last battle again to trick that no-loss because it would be trivial.

It is a shame they made Baal even weaker (he hardly summoned at all), it was only in the last fight i also realised the ridiculous power of the phantom spell now (i plowed my last few runes into Summoner 2 and 3 and noted the crazy improvement on phantom) which also made it trivial - i swear i think i could have used my phantomed 170 Paladins to give Bill Gilbert a No Loss victory in this fight as well!

Still aside from Baal there were a few nice challenges (Scrounger and the Eventus fights in particular) and it is well worth doing the AP Crossworlds campaign again.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

How is the Kraken so easy to kill? Does it have a special weakness?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

It's an early game boss, much much easier than the other bosses (few hit points).
Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Smile

But so has my army at that point
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Just have good damage dealers especially magic damage dealers, your main priority is damage, forget defense.

And that kraken will fall easily (even in impossible difficulty).