Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
Not really. Usualy a soldier would keep his helmet and close the strips exactly to prevent it dissapearing suddenly. Thats something they usualy keep really an eye on while training (discipline and such). At least for the German army this was standart. If the instructors would find you with unaceptable shape (like open strips) you would face some punishment. Same for most other armies. All this "loosing helmet" thing does is ading another useless micromanagement to the game which should be removed as you have to keep an eye on a lot of things already and runing around to pick up your helmet is neither realistic nor really anything usefull for the gameplay (i rarely if ever do that).
Old 10-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
If all soldiers strap their helmets on then the Americans in Vietnam were on marijuana.
er..i think they were?!

altho they were conscripts?
Old 10-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
...my point was that it's one more cool thing about this game, like using a gas can to refuel your vehicle or using matches to light a field on fire.
but it's not the same.

as was previously said, soldiers are ordered to keep their chin straps done up, otherwise they will be punished.

any shot that can rip off a persons chin strap and throw a METAL helmet what looks like 20 or 30 yards away would go straight thru a guy a kill him instantly.

thats not realistic. a truck running out of fuel is. using matches to light a fire is.

...and, as has been said recently, it just adds what is, imo, a silly micro management part to the game that is unnecessary. this is about STRATEGY not organisation, imo..
Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasacruAlex View Post
This feature is great as it is, maybe a bit optimized will do better, like the helmets would be thrown off much closer to your soldier and an option to set on/ off to auto pick helmets if not wearing one or something.
do you make a point of making sure your troops have their helmets on, or do you just leave it?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbollos View Post
but it's not the same.

as was previously said, soldiers are ordered to keep their chin straps done up, otherwise they will be punished.

any shot that can rip off a persons chin strap and throw a METAL helmet what looks like 20 or 30 yards away would go straight thru a guy a kill him instantly.

thats not realistic. a truck running out of fuel is. using matches to light a fire is.

...and, as has been said recently, it just adds what is, imo, a silly micro management part to the game that is unnecessary. this is about STRATEGY not organisation, imo..
I know I said "realism", I'm not trying to say it's realistic. I think shooting the helmets off is a nice touch a nice detail, like refueling vehicles, like starting a field on fire, like shooting out a window. In the earlier games(SHoWW2,FoW) when you had less troops to control it made more sense. I get it, you think it's unnecessary. I think the Dev's did a great job with this game.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

yes, but think about it what he says. If you have a situation with enough force to "throw your helmet" away chance are big the soldier died cause of it. As said it just looks silly to have at some point a lot of people runing around without a helmet >_<

Though I have to say this only bothered me in singleplayer very much as in MP you replace your infantry so fast that you dont notice it that much, but it happens sometimes. In singleplayer as I try to keep my men alive I had at some point 80% of them runing around without helmets or using a captured one ... now to have your russian army with axis helmets, is a nice thing
Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
I know I said "realism", I'm not trying to say it's realistic. I think shooting the helmets off is a nice touch a nice detail, like refueling vehicles, like starting a field on fire, like shooting out a window. In the earlier games(SHoWW2,FoW) when you had less troops to control it made more sense. I get it, you think it's unnecessary. I think the Dev's did a great job with this game.
it's a nice action, the animation works well, artisticly i'd say it was a nice touch, but not as far as being important for this game, again i think it detracts from it, however slightly..

with infantry you have to think about:

where your guy is.
is he safe, what enemy are around him.
what weapons he has.
what ammo he has.
if he has enough health on him or in coop morphine.
does he need to apply a health to himself?
is he part of any plans or is he staying there on defence?
is he assigned to a number to be called instantly?

now where's that damn helmet..

i don't think if soldiers died with their helmets on, we'd suddenly have a lot of time on our hands to admire the scenery..idk about you but i never have enough time to get done what i want to do.

i played soldiers from 2005 i think hacked someones elses mod and made my own actually and it's rubbish lol (never finished it blahbla ^^). yes the devs did a great job with this game, shame the engine can only use one core tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbollos View Post

Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

only noobs worry about that type of issue, i like the fact that when there is a engagement battle you see bullets, helmets, shells, explotions all around, all that create CHAOS.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Well the helmet absorbs a shot that would otherwise maybe kill your guy, wich is great! But it falls of to easy, yeh one bullet wouldn't always shoot of the helmet. Since you strap it on your head...

And plz, Don't say real soldiers dont strap the helmets on there heads. Were have you seen it? Yes In movies... Dont belive everything you seee.

I think the helmets are great, and yeh if there is helmets, shellholes, Dead bodies, Weapons lyinga around its just awsome!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvqt View Post
And plz, Don't say real soldiers dont strap the helmets on there heads. Were have you seen it? Yes In movies... Dont belive everything you seee.
Not just in movies. There are countless images either about WW2 or Vietnam where you can find at least US soldiers where the strap is not closed. But I think that can not be really used for combat as I would go so far to say that in combat most people had their helmet fixed. Also one should keep the situation in mind where most pictures dont show actual combat but more places and times when the soldiers have been in a rather relaxed condition like during cease fires and simply waiting in standby.