Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for all the posts ...

You are correct about it being twice as much in stores, it is still $30.00 at Best Buy and only $15.00 on Steam...I have never downloaded an actual game besides on steam...What if I accidently Delete it? did I just lose $15.00? lol.

Also, I thought Steam had the most recent Patches?...always auto patches my games unless I tell it otherwise, Is that just a problem with the MOW patching system? or something of the sort?

EDIT: can I not buy it off of steam? then turn off the auto patching? than patch it myself off a different website?

Last edited by TodaysKiller; 06-02-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodaysKiller View Post
What if I accidently Delete it? did I just lose ?
no. you can download game every time new again.
eg. at gamersgate you can download the installationfile and burn on DVD or save to harddisk -> you dont need download new again -> same with other download stores.

Quote:
Also, I thought Steam had the most recent Patches?...always auto patches my games unless I tell it otherwise, Is that just a problem with the MOW patching system? or something of the sort?

EDIT: can I not buy it off of steam? then turn off the auto patching? than patch it myself off a different website?
i think steam isnt the best solution (my opinion).
eg. MoW patch 1.17.5 is out since 1 month - but not avaiable for steam version at moment. patching MoW steam version manual needs a lot of knowledge in manipulating files.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the posts ...

You are correct about it being twice as much in stores, it is still $30.00 at Best Buy and only $15.00 on Steam...I have never downloaded an actual game besides on steam...What if I accidently Delete it? did I just lose $15.00? lol.

You know the great thing about Steam is the weekend deals/special offers which you see sometimes. Got MoW for 5 euro that way.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

alright well, I guess Steam is the worse way to go .

So would they email me a cd key? if I downloaded off the internet?...I'm just trying to get all this stuff figured out before I actually do buy it .

I plan to try and get it today if I can

EDIT:Thanks for all the community help btw )) more than any other game Ive had.

Last edited by TodaysKiller; 06-02-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys, I'm able to get it today ... Where should I get it from? Amazon? 1c company website?..which one would probably be the best?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
alright well, I guess Steam is the worse way to go .

So would they email me a cd key? if I downloaded off the internet?...I'm just trying to get all this stuff figured out before I actually do buy it .

I plan to try and get it today if I can

EDIT:Thanks for all the community help btw )) more than any other game Ive had.
if you get it from steam you download it and will see the CD key in the steam browser once you started the game. Just type it from there and you can play.

The real issue with the Steam version of MoW is that you have to download the patch manualy from somewhere in the net install it and add its exe. file manualy to steam. No bit thing if you know what to do. But it should be a lot more comfortable.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

The cheaper the better if you ask me. Save some money for Assault Squad.

Last edited by CzaD; 06-03-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Well I finally Bought MOW!!! !!!

(I ended up going the Amazon way, 4 bucks cheaper lol (I know 4 bucks woohoo, but I already had an account on that...and thought heck, no shipping charges, 4 bucks cheaper...I can wait 2 days for that .

So anyways, if anyone wants to give me a few pointers once I get it, That would be much appreciated, Once again, thanks for all the help from everyone..See ya on in about 2-3 days .
Old 06-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well I finally Bought MOW!!! !!!

(I ended up going the Amazon way, 4 bucks cheaper lol (I know 4 bucks woohoo, but I already had an account on that...and thought heck, no shipping charges, 4 bucks cheaper...I can wait 2 days for that .

So anyways, if anyone wants to give me a few pointers once I get it, That would be much appreciated, Once again, thanks for all the help from everyone..See ya on in about 2-3 days .
Yeah right. Don't worry you will come back here sooner than you think. This is just the beggining of your troubles. You will need more our help with patching the game.

I talked to one guy who bought the game from Steam and whenever he patches the game he gets the message that MoW is not installed. For two days he was struggling with it without any success.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Oh, well...I got mine from amazon...SO hopefully I will have less of a patching problem than your friend had .

And yeah, I will be back once I get it

EDIT:I should be getting the game tomorrow...in the meantime...should I go ahead and get gamespy?

Last edited by TodaysKiller; 06-03-2010 at 06:40 PM.