Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

British Arty? you mean the 25LBer? ive never tried it but im sure the reason it has a faster fire rate is b/c it is only a 88mm gun and so it uses the load time of the 88, seeing how this game's load times seem to be based entirely off the caliber of the gun, where large calibers like the 122 and 155 load like 12-15 seconds and the small calibers like 37-45mm have like 3-4 second load times and the middle calibers 50-76 are like 8 seconds and such, rather then any skills of crews or anything else
Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

No I mean that 152mm thing. Not that accurate but really good in power and firing rate. It seems so much quicker to reload then all the rest.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

you mean the B.L. CWT thing? If not then idk what gun it is hahahha Either way, the British guns I do know are smaller caliber....so yeah they do load kinda faster then other guns...which is nice if your the Brits =P

Last edited by KnightFandragon; 06-08-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsausage View Post
I doubt M114 is worse then any of the other artilleries. Except for that D1 that seams to be the most accurate.
You where only unlucky, have had games where the artillery haven't hit anything and other where it destroys several tanks.

Don't count on your arty to be tank killers, its mostly for soft targets. Infantry, light armor, cars, AT guns, artillery etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
I dont use my Arty as anti Tank, in the hopes that it will kill the tanks, its good that arty isnt AT...it would be more retarded if it did kill tanks w/ regularity ..i use it for Anti Artillery and to knock off tracks, break guns and wasting guys behind sandbags.
Well strange enough the last game I played with the Japanese I destroyed 3 "tanks" with the self propeled artillery. Which surprised me somewhat. But I have to say the tanks had extremly light armor (only the Achiles and Archer). So even a close hit might destroy it already.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

In a gem test all heavy artillery reloads at about the same rate. The D1 is smaller then the other guns so it loads half a second less then the other guns.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

i agree with the o.p about the community, both these forums and in the actual game

case in point i created a thread with a few questions, and barely anyone even bothered to read it or answer.

ive been using this game for a few days now
and besides a few players who are friendly to me

the majority are just guys spaming in some weird language
theres no hello no sense of a community, yeh u see the odd people who know each other and exchange greetings, but as a whole its totally different to games i play like warband and mount and blade where theres hundreds of clans, groups etc.

also, i think there should be a ticker or something with a risk level by a persons name, and if a person quits regularly, like more than twice in a one day period during game, the person has a high risk level symbol by his name, so the admin can kick him and not risk the idiot quitting mid game..

quitters are annoying!

also, the waiting for ages for somebody to hit ready or connect is such a pain!

its totaly different to war games where u just log onto a server and bingo connect..

it seems though that the people with decent connections have to pay the price for the people using a toaster to connect