Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit67 View Post
But guess what !!!!!!

I saw you do it!

I scrolled over the the unit with the TNT before it was thrown and it was your name!

Not only are you a cheat but a liar as well!
i say it before and i say it again i didn't do it,

but if you want to keep it like that no problem with me.

let see how far you will go with a bad attitude like yours.

"edit" i just see your comment of your apologies.

i really didn't do it.

and i don't like to be call a liar or cheater specially when i was saying the true.

Last edited by SpeedWolf; 05-26-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

He already has been banned at least once. The way things are going lately, doesn't look like its going to end soon, maybe not at all.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

He said sorry to you, didn't he? So let's forget all about it.

But the thing is it all comes down to trust coz it is hard to prove if somebody really passed the units to you or not.

Last edited by CzaD; 05-26-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzaD View Post
What's wrong with ya?

He said sorry to you, didn't he?
i didn't see it is was posted at the same time so i re-edit my comment

Quote:
"edit" i just see your comment of your apologies.

i really didn't do it.

and i don't like to be call a liar or cheater specially when i was saying the true.
didn't you see?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedWolf View Post
i didn't see it is was posted at the same time so i re-edit my comment

didn't you see?
I am sorry Speedwolf I cannot apologise enough for my behaviour, I let my temper get the better of me. I was fooled by someone and should have believed you but when you see something with your own eyes its hard to accept another answer. I accept I was wrong and hope you have good games in the future without problems.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
He already has been banned at least once. The way things are going lately, doesn't look like its going to end soon, maybe not at all.
This is the only ban I have had and deserved it, I am an honourable player even if not a good player I work hard to help a team. I don't cheat, I except the hosts rules and do not swear for the sake of swearing, I do not leave games early and I'm willing to help anyone. I do however sometimes let my temper get the better of me, something which I should and will deal with.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit67 View Post
I am sorry Speedwolf I cannot apologise enough for my behaviour, I let my temper get the better of me. I was fooled by someone and should have believed you but when you see something with your own eyes its hard to accept another answer. I accept I was wrong and hope you have good games in the future without problems.
i don't know who was the A** hole who set me up but i think he pick my name first because is was on top of the list.

but if i know who he was i am going to put him in my baned list that for sure.

anyway apologies accepted.

so about your baned how long is was set for? maybe i can get a hold of (Nike-it) to unbanned you.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedWolf View Post
...so about your baned how long is was set for? maybe i can get a hold of (Nike-it) to unbanned you....
Nobody knows how long. Lot of people have been banned for more then a week. Maybe Nike-it had a medical emergency.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemyster View Post
i've been playing for quite some time now. These feelings have been building up and after a fustrating night i want to see if im alone on this. This game has the worst community for a game i have ever seen.

-agreed

never have i played a game filled with people with dial up connections, slow laggy pc's, dodgy internet connections which disconnects, and the most unwelcoming attitude to new players.

-also agreed, but considering kids usually play video games, this is normal

tonight i've spent 20mins trying to get into a game. After 5mins of waiting in the lobby for players to come, the host is afk and so we all wait around for a couple of mins. The game starts and we start loading. Except one of the people has timed out and we're stuck on a 10 minute loading screen to tell us that he's timed out. So the game is restart and the same thing happens 2nd time round.

-this needs to be fixed badly. I'd play this game so much more if there were servers that could host games. They shouldn't bother releasing an xpac until they have the goods to back up multiplayer. Furthermore, i've yet to connect successfully to an automatch game.

When we do finally get into the game, some guy rage quits after 5minues of playing.

-why can't the ai take over in this situation???

At least once every other game, someone times out during the loading screen or rage quits early game when things don't go their way. Often you get pros who all stack a team and kick new players who take thier slot, so as you get a team of eg 3 pros (not clanners or anything like that), against 2 one star people and 1 noob. No one has a sense of balance and everyone is more interested in having a steam-roll game.

-this is when i tend to rage quit myself and is the only instance i condone it.

Another problem which isn't so bad is; from an english speakers point of view, there is such a wide audience of people with such a range of languages that there is no communication in the lobbies as no one can understand each other.

-æéääääé æäääää???

Rant over, hopefully i'm not the only one who feels like this.
-you're not
Old 05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've been playing for quite some time now. These feelings have been building up and after a fustrating night I want to see if im alone on this. This game has the worst community for a game I have ever seen.

Never have I played a game filled with people with dial up connections, slow laggy PC's, dodgy internet connections which disconnects, and the most unwelcoming attitude to new players.

Tonight I've spent 20mins trying to get into a game. After 5mins of waiting in the lobby for players to come, the host is afk and so we all wait around for a couple of mins. The game starts and we start loading. Except one of the people has timed out and we're stuck on a 10 minute loading screen to tell us that he's timed out. So the game is restart and the same thing happens 2nd time round.
Well I see you havnt played Age of empires I + II over gamespy then

THAT was a bad experience. Sometimes it could easily take 30 or 40 min. before you get a game going. And at least in Men of War if you are rushed in the first 30 sec. of the game its not always over you can still do something and have fun with a descent team of course. Age of Empires on the other side ... yeah you have to love those people that run around killing others in the first 2-3 min of gameplay even when the host said "no early rush".

So to say that men of war is not worse compared to other real time strategy games I played in MP. Though its also not better. The real issue is the server browser laging like crazy sometimes taking 10 min before you can choose a game ...

Quote:
At least once every other game, someone times out during the loading screen or rage quits early game when things don't go their way. Often you get pros who all stack a team and kick new players who take thier slot, so as you get a team of eg 3 pros (not clanners or anything like that), against 2 one star people and 1 noob. No one has a sense of balance and everyone is more interested in having a steam-roll game.
Its elitism. I never was a fan of ratings and stats or such. I can see the benefits of knowing the skill of the player before you start particularly in a strategy game like MoW. But on the other side it many times leads to a form of behaviour I call "hidden elitism". You see quite often games with a lot of people sitting on one side with the strongest players. Or at least those with the highest rating. As soon someone joins, he leaves emidiately and you basicaly wait and wait and ... wait. And sometimes the game gets full. Other times all leave. Though to say that the number of games someone has played doesnt mean he is very skilled. I consider my self as a moderate gamer and yet I managed to win some 2vs2 with people that played a lot of games with a team mate mate that had a lower rating then I do. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
Yes also i think the use of TNT is vital anyhow if only because on things like payback,you dont get your full money back till your own tank is toasted,if its only 'hull crushed',you dont get the money,unless its 'hull destroyed' or captured.
I do destroy my own gear with TNT when I see the risk of beeing repaired and used against me. Even if TNT is banned in tank only battles I always see it only as a rule against the enemy. I mean whats worse, destroying your damaged tank or knowing that it will see use against you cause you have no chance to recapture it?. Its also a realistic behaviour. I think no one can blame you what you do with your OWN minions ... I mean men

Last edited by Crni vuk; 05-26-2010 at 06:42 PM.