Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Approved Member

it doesnt happen that frequently though. Never loost my tracks cause of 50cals or soviet Dshks. 20mm guns, thats a different story. But the trick is you have to get quite close to have a clear shoot at it. And the vehicle is most of the time loost afterwards.

He shells particularly of biger size should definetly damage the tracks. At the moment I even think they dont do enough damage, considering the powerfull nature of 150mm and biger calibers they should have a fair chance to harm the crew inside a tank cause of shock !

It was many times a used tactic by allied troops to take out the tracks of the enemy armor particularly with heavy vehicles and simply flank the imobilized tank or even simply leave the target to the air force or shell it to death with artillery. Many German vehicles probably meet their fate not by enemy anti tank guns but by planes and artillery.

I am glad that you can take of tracks from vehicles. Otherwise taking out heavy axis armor would be a almost impossible task. Particularly weapons like the Sturmtiger or Jagdtiger.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Historically the Soviet 100mm gun could kill pretty much everything, including King Tigers from the front. It was a dedicated AT gun.

122mm was a gun built 2 fire HE charges.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
it doesnt happen that frequently though. Never loost my tracks cause of 50cals or soviet Dshks. 20mm guns, thats a different story. But the trick is you have to get quite close to have a clear shoot at it. And the vehicle is most of the time loost afterwards.

He shells particularly of biger size should definetly damage the tracks. At the moment I even think they dont do enough damage, considering the powerfull nature of 150mm and biger calibers they should have a fair chance to harm the crew inside a tank cause of shock !

It was many times a used tactic by allied troops to take out the tracks of the enemy armor particularly with heavy vehicles and simply flank the imobilized tank or even simply leave the target to the air force or shell it to death with artillery. Many German vehicles probably meet their fate not by enemy anti tank guns but by planes and artillery.

I am glad that you can take of tracks from vehicles. Otherwise taking out heavy axis armor would be a almost impossible task. Particularly weapons like the Sturmtiger or Jagdtiger.
I dont want de-tracking to be impossible just harder to bedone by smaller caliber weapons like 50cals 20mms. It should be able to be done by direct hits from large calibers like 75's and up. That makes more sense, but now you can hit a tank w/ a few 50 rounds and it falls off.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

I want eras. Seriously.

And yeah, in 1941 a Panzer 4 should be VERY expensive, while in 1944 Panzer 4's should be cheap and Panther being decently priced.

In 1944 T-34/85's should be cheap, while T34/76's shouldn't be able 2 be built.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BEST WAY/DIGITALMINDSOFT!!

Make this change.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

also nerf the ******* calliope. I hate it so bad!! Except when Im using it but that is rarely.....

also Su-100 should have a better armour penetration stats, and so should the Zis-2. Zis-2 is a toy gun compared 2 what it was IRL. This thing shat on Panzer 4's, and that is why the Soviet high command stopped production of them in 1941 - they were 2 expensive and useless at firing HE, because a Zis-3 could fire both HE and being able 2 take out Panzer 4's. It was not until Panthers started showing up that the Soviets resumed production of Zis-2!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

also the D-10S gun of the ISU-100 had stronger penentration (185mm at 1000m) than the German Kwk 88 43 gun of the tiger 2 (160mm at 1000m)!!!!

This is ridiculous and LAME....
Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
I want eras. Seriously.

And yeah, in 1941 a Panzer 4 should be VERY expensive, while in 1944 Panzer 4's should be cheap and Panther being decently priced.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BEST WAY/DIGITALMINDSOFT!!

Make this change.
T34/85s atleast in squad leader, and that is a pretty much realisitic board game has the T34/85 not even available till mid 44', the KIng Tiger isnt available till like August 44. The T34 should be available, the KV1 shouldnt be but yeah. Im sure if we all come up w/ ideas maybe they will incorporate them eh? would be wicked awesome to see a Era patch haha. The Pzr III would be a friggin beast in 41', 42 ish. The T34/Sherman would stand better against it though.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Though in 1944 the T34/76 was still one of the most common if not THE common vehicle in the soviet army. The T34/85 was produced in large numbers trough the war but it did actualy not simply replaced the T34/76 but more served next to it one might get the idea the soviet army jumped on the new design as soon it was going in to production but even during almost the whole year of 1944 the soviets had to rely very much on the t34 with its short 76mm gun which makes the Su 85 a important adition to the soviet army wich saw service already in 1943 already. The 85mm gun was quite late used with the T34 and the first units which got equiped with them have been elite units usualy like the tank guards or what their name was no clue. So as said it should not just simply replace it even when it was available in large numbers.

Quote:
also the D-10S gun of the ISU-100 had stronger penentration (185mm at 1000m) than the German Kwk 88 43 gun of the tiger 2 (160mm at 1000m)!!!!

This is ridiculous and LAME....
Would be nice to know about this statistic.

The 100mm which was a version from a naval gun had for a soviet gun quite good capabilities particularly against panthers and the tiger 1 even on large distances.

But I doubt it was powerfull enough to penetrate the front from a Tiger II. As both the turret and hul have been quite thick. Around 150mm angled for the hull and 180mm for the turret. I have no clue how acurate the page is but Battlefield.ru gives for the Su100 125mm penetration on 500m shooting a 60° angled plate, 155mm on 90° using the BR-412 APBC (Armor pearcing balistic cap).

Remember the Germans used with ther famous 88mm Kwk (Kampfwagen kanone) many times not just simple armor pearcing (AP) but as well APCBC (armor pearcing capped balistic cap), or even rare APCR (Armor pearcing composit rigid). So the Tiger II should if using the APCRC outclass the Su100 with its APBC definetly. Even the standart APCBC-HE Panzergranate 39/43 for the PAK43 seems to penetrate more then 180mm of armor already on 500m and even more then 200mm with the rare APCR Panzergranate 40/43

The only gun that might have outclassed it (but thats not certain!) is the gun of the Superpershing which was a modified long version of the 90mm gun and late war designs like the british 105mm using APDS and APFSDS (modern shells)

3AD's "Super Pershing" vs. Germany's "King Tiger"

But one should always remember that this is the internet afterall. So any informations should not be considered as simple fact.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

One source says:
That the Su-100s gun was almost equal to the Tiger IIs 8.8 cm KwK 43 gun.
180mm penetration at 1000 meters which means it would had been able to take out a king tiger frontally.

However another source says that it could only achive 150 mm penetration at 1000 meters. And only 162 mm Penetartion at 500 meters.

So its hard to know what source is true.
But either way the Su-100 could need a cost reduction, since germany get JP 4s with slightly better armor for only 50 points.

And if they buff the gun to almost the same values of a high velocity 88. It might get a higher cost then it has now. Since then it would be almost as deadly as a Jagdpanther.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Lol, the Super Pershing, I only saw that thing in a mod I downloaded and couldnt help but laugh at it...as if the M26 Pershing isnt already bad ass enough. Then on top of that there was a Sherman Ane or something, it was friggin god....its gun outperformed a modern day Sabot round for penetration and the tank itself was armored well and coulda raced in the Indy 500 and won 1st place.../random post