Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Thats where I hope and wait for the Battletech mod to get done.....Battletech is my #1 Fav Genre 2nd is WWII. Nothing is more awesome then a 3 story high robot marauding down the street blasting the living woo-hoo out of anything stupid enough to stand in its way. Also, cant wait for Pirhana games to get hte new Mechwarrior game done....havent heard much on that game lately....*Tear* So, while I am waiting on that Butchering hordes of T34's w/ my King Tiger and its KwK44, sporting Speedwolf's wicked black SS skin will have to do =D After all it is a King Tiger, prolly the only tank that will stand up to the power of a mech
If the mech has less than 250mm armor then the KT would pwn it at long ranges.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Mechwarrior never does quantify the milimeters of armor on a mech...it always just goes by armor points protecting an area. Im just going to guess that by the thickness of mech parts and the strains 250mm of armor would prolly put on a mech standing up..they prolly dont have 250mm or more =P Plus, Mechs in RL would be entirely to easy to take out, just fire at the knee's and they are toast. Still, despite that Mechs are tooo awesome
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Von_Manstein View Post
If the mech has less than 250mm armor then the KT would pwn it at long ranges.
Depends about what kind of armor we are talking about. Most tanks today have a lot less then 250mm of armor and I doubt a Tiger II could penetrate their front. Not with the first short that for sure. Most vehicles today have armor equal to 500 or more mm of RHA (steel armor) but dont posses that kind of thickness in real since they contain today combinations of several different materials and body kits like reactive armor (many times soviet/russian designs), composit or ceramic and sometimes even layers of sand between the armor as aditional protection against shaped charges.

Last edited by Crni vuk; 04-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Battlemech Armor is called Ferro Fibrous, Clan Ferro Fibrous and Standard. What each is made up of I dont think anywhere it ever says what it is but thats what they call it. Clan Ferro. being the best protection for the weight. In Fact all clanner stuff is best overall. Im sure it could prolly withstand WWII Tank shells, I mean after all it takes 3 or 4 somteims maybe even 5 Guass Rifle slugs to punch through Mech Center Torso armor and those are just solid slugs propelled at hypersonic speeds I think it is, or its supersonic either way they possess some great power and wreck stuff fast =D
Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Gauss weapons could "theoreticaly" achieve speeds of 10 000m per seconds. To give some comparision the Leopard II shoots a shell with a speed per second of between 1700 and 1800m. The 88 shell of the Tiger I had somewhere around 900 or 950 meters per second.

The real advantage of gauss weapons or a huge increase of speed is that the shells start to use a different kind of physic for penetration very similar to the hollow charges instead of sheer kynetic energy from its mass. Just that you dont have a jet stream of molten metal at unbelievable speed but a short small shell formed like a needle. One issue despite the energy needed for the magnetic inductors and what ever else you need for the technology that one has to find a metal or material that can whistand such intenese speed and preasure of course otherwise the shell would deform itself in flight and not get a correct balistic form.

Gauss canons are already in use. But only for scientific experiements where they shoot small bolts or bullets at much more then 10 000m per second at frozen surfaces or sand or what ever else to simulate the impact of a asteroid. Its pretty interesting. And the gun is incredible huge ...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Wicked, would be fun to see something fire that fast...In Mechwarrior the Guass Rifle fires like nickel ferrous slugs or something like that...either way I like Gauss Rifles except they are 13 tons and take up more space on the mech then an abrams does in a C5 also they only get like 8 shots per ton of ammo, so dangerous but heavy as ......yeah I got nothing
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Approved Member

KnightFandragon, you keep talking Guass Rifles and I'm going to have to reload my Mechwarrior's.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
KnightFandragon, you keep talking Guass Rifles and I'm going to have to reload my Mechwarrior's.
Good Mechwarrior is ownage

Even though Microsoft kinda hosed the whole mechwarrior idea and MW4 wasnt that awesome it was still mechwarrior. I still play MW4 Vengeance campaign....its fun

now how did we go from 1942-45' all the way to 3050 and beyond =P do we wanna getback on topic much lolz....blame it on me, my bad haha =)
Old 04-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Von_Manstein View Post
And that industry is based around German inventions. AK 47 is a copy of the STG-44, the RPG a copy of the Panzerfaust. Russians don't invent guns they copy them.
What a dumb claim. STG-44 and AK-47 use completely different mechanisms.

STG-44 was the first assault rifle, so obviously it was "copied".

RPG was not a copy.

Back this up. Soviets invented loads of stuff so did Russians
Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
What a dumb claim. STG-44 and AK-47 use completely different mechanisms.

STG-44 was the first assault rifle, so obviously it was "copied".

RPG was not a copy.

Back this up. Soviets invented loads of stuff so did Russians
The AK-47 is a complete copy. They look very similar, and the inventor of the STG-44 was in Russia when the AK-47 was designed.

The RPG is just a copy of the German Panzerfaust.

While they look different the concept is the same. They both fire a similar looking warhead, and are very different from other AT weapons like the bazooka. As the explosive shell is inside the tube not at the head.