Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Registered Member

Default Condemned Heroes is extremely repetitive

As the title says, the missions are getting extremely repetitive. It's to the point where I just stopped playing it, as I was tired of playing the same scenario every time.

I've played around 5-6 missions so far and they have all been the same. You start out with only 1 or 2 squads of infantry and then attack fortified Germans in trenches with MG's and AT guns shooting at you. Sometimes you have to capture the town beyond the trenches. While I do like how much more important individual units are in this game, it's the same mission everytime. I feel like I'm playing the skirmish missions from assault squad over and over again (which were fun) but you only have around 16 men. You never get access to any tanks besides a few German ones that are sitting in the open for you to capture, or any guns except those you find. I find it incredibly odd I have not yet had control of one Soviet tank.

Please tell me the gameplay gets better (on the 6-7 mission I believe), but for now I feel like I'm done. I've played all of the Men of War games and love them, but this one has been frustrating. So far, there has been no variety in the gameplay. The missions were enjoyable in the beginning, but once you keep playing them with no changes in the objectives, it gets rather boring.

Last edited by ScubaSteveWA; 04-26-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteveWA View Post

Please tell me the gameplay gets better...
Well, it gets a little "different" by mission # 8 or was it #9 = The one, that has the first real town in it.

Don't remember anything about #10 or how / what was it.

#11 was a "capture that hill and try to hold it as germans counter-attack again and again and again" thing.

It also had an annoying thing: You "capture" the hill, althought there are still some germans in the trenches !!!. And more are coming in a 5 minutes. Kinda hard to mine the roads, get all AT guns & 88's in the right places and try get rid of the last germans, at the same time.

#12 is in a town again and the first one, where you can find sniper rifles.

Last edited by HHeplo; 04-26-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Fixing little things
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

I liked the bonus missions better than the campaign. A little more variety and use of tanks!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Lol MoW: CH sounds like its a job for some GEM Editing =D YOu want a tank? Add a friggin Tank...of course its not quite that simple but yeah, through the magic of the GEM editor, MoW's true potential may be found
Old 05-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHeplo View Post
Well, it gets a little "different" by mission # 8 or was it #9 = The one, that has the first real town in it.

Don't remember anything about #10 or how / what was it.

#11 was a "capture that hill and try to hold it as germans counter-attack again and again and again" thing.

It also had an annoying thing: You "capture" the hill, althought there are still some germans in the trenches !!!. And more are coming in a 5 minutes. Kinda hard to mine the roads, get all AT guns & 88's in the right places and try get rid of the last germans, at the same time.

#12 is in a town again and the first one, where you can find sniper rifles.
Well, if the mission will allow you, that mission 11, you know how to fix the germans on the hill? You DONT capture the hill right away, instead you do sweeps around the hil and clear everyone out...then once you know the place is clear you complete the capture the hill objective.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Well, if the mission will allow you, that mission 11, you know how to fix the germans on the hill? You DONT capture the hill right away, instead you do sweeps around the hil and clear everyone out...then once you know the place is clear you complete the capture the hill objective.
I havent played that mission yet but i just want to comment on the mission design overall.
MANY missions have these kinds of flaws, annoying problems. If the designers had tested the game these things wouldnt be in the game. i mean how could you leave the missions like that? iam in the opinion that either they didnt properly test the game or the testers were utter idiots.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

From what I read I thought this game was based on a real Russian unit and the real battles they fought. That was one of the reasons I wasn't in a big hurry to get this game. I could be wrong. Not being able to repair and use enemy vehicles(most of the time) is a big let down but totally workable. I didn't pay full price but if I had I still wouldn't be disappointed. I can understand that for people that did pay full price the bugs might be a let down. As it turns out I bought the game at a great price so even with the bugs I like this better then MoWRT and can count on a lot of replay value.