Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Something, that we would like to see too. No clue at this point, if its possible.
Ships are worst than land based units on AI implementation.

Land based units, will maneuver (clumsily) around a destroyed object, while a ship will just collide with it and get also destroyed.

This may be, because that hey don't have any reactions at all beyond previously traced WP.

Worst... they don't have a turning radius established. If I made a flight follow a 90º WP, the AI will turn around it as best as their plane allows it, but on a ship, if I place a 180º direction change, they will obey on the spot! It will turn on its central axis, and start sailing into the other direction. An admiral's dream!

In CloD, ships attempt some timid evasive maneuvers, but not to the point of doing a full circle. Still putting a bomb with a dive attack, on a zigzagging ship is much more taxing than doing so in il2.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

What's next? I'll tell you what's next: 4.11.1!!! A few days ago I was wondering why on Hyper Lobby there are so few 4.11 servers. And I got an answer from a guy: they are expecting for another fix to appear so that they will not have to change the servers twice: once for 4.11 and again for the new fix!
So, what I want to know: is it true?

P.S. That guy said the fix will come up in .....take a guess!! Two weeks!