Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

nocalora2, I would advise you (for the love of Star Wolves ) not to migrate to Win 10!

As I had a lot of experience on some other sites with the users who have Win 10 ( I am mostly known on TWCenter as ElvenKind) I can tell you that you will experience many issues with User Account Control, ownership of your own folders and files, renaming files, modding those files, setting up your home theater, or your sharing devices etc.

I am still on Win 7 Ultimate, and I think I will stay on them til they come knocking on my doors with an order from a judge, to migrate to some other new Win OS.

Alternatively, I would rather take the Linux road. I don`t know how much of Star Wolves (or other games) is Linux compatible.

The future will tell, and maybe someone will make Linux more compatible with the old/new games and their required software/hardware.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Most of those flaws I have managed to patch out with major tweaking already. Tools like Unlocker and other stuff will let me have some serious permissions on my system. so thats not a problem. SW runs quite fine on it actually.

The main reason why I HAD to upgrade was DirectPlay. I guess I must have had some virus for a short time which destroyed some of the dlls, or atleast messed with the Registry enough to make DirectPlay almost unusable. I would have never upgraded to Win10 without a reason.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 10-22-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Triodyn - or another view on Gunslinger MK2 )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blender-triodyn-01.jpg (93.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg blender-triodyn-02.jpg (121.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg blender-triodyn-03.jpg (86.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Triodyn-01.jpg (98.1 KB, 16 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Triodyn-x01.zip (123.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by oxygenes; 10-29-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Nice concept. You can change it a bit by turning middle part by 90 degrees to the left or to the right and it looks like missile carrier.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

@kolomans
hmm, it can be too, just i like it more as i did.
but you have chance too, install Blender, grab the file and try create something (no offence)

i downloaded last exp. pack (from 12-10-2017), there i check old Bentus, strange "thing" on nose was again, so i did little correction. Hope, author will be not angry, model is more centralized too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bentus-01.jpg (137.1 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SW3EXP_Bentus-rep.zip (279.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

@oxygenes
I wondered about it, but in this year A-Levels. I need to learn a lot, so maybe when will have some free time...
Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

@kolomans
hmm, you must study, great. ну, желаю тебе успехов!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:38 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

@oxygenes: thanks for the fixing the model for me. I was sure I had the proper model somewhere but I must have lost it somehow.

@All: Stay away from Win10. Even AFTER hundreds of customizations and modification to this goddamn OS, even AFTER using the LTSB Variant of this OS which is mostly free of Bullshit and crapware, yes even after all those things combined: This Operating System is a piece of "Sh~!" (No curse words, aimirite?, moderators?) Just DO NOT upgrade to it if you enjoy even ONE of those following things: Gaming, Modding, Programming, Debugging, Modelling, Texturing, (Gaming with old games) <- Don't even think about doing the last part.

If you enjoy one of the things I mentioned, chances are that you will be disappointed beyond believe. Please note this is based on my personal experience with Windows 10 and I DO NOT recommend doing an upgrade while still having a chance of reinstalling Win7 or any other OS while you still can.

I was actually pretty excited to see what Win10 can do and to see how much Micro$oft has improved its Alltime OS, but yeah... lets just say they didn't have the most sane person in the R&D section when adding xBox DVR to their OS, I won't describe the bull~~~~ involving that particular parasite of a module inside the OS itself.

TL;DR: Upgraded to Win10. Didn't like it. Downgraded to Win7.

@Zekito: After all, I kinda wish I would have never bothered with Win10 to say the least. It didn't make matters much worse for SW, but more for my Personal Sanity.

@EXPANSION PLAYERS (ATM): Beware: Game might Crash if you use the "Hard" difficulty at random intervals. Please avoid playing on hard for the time being. Fix will be provided shortly.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 11-06-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

there is modular cargo ship (original model is from 2008 year), engines can be turned in blender or similar prog. Resized it probably can be fighter too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StoneArrow-reversi-03.jpg (103.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg StoneArrow-reversi-02.jpg (97.8 KB, 10 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip trader-psi-x01.zip (102.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip trader-psi.zip (493.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

another modular cargo (original is from 2015 year), textures can be changed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RG-mil-cargo-01.jpg (110.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg RG-mil-cargo-02.jpg (105.4 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cargo-XXL3.zip (1.38 MB, 2 views)
File Type: zip RG-mil-cargo-x01a.zip (333.0 KB, 2 views)