Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Oh you can edit titles...

Hello,

I'm getting a runtime termination when using your modified exe files.
Installed through bat, exe's copied manually.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:05 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Areneth

Try copying all of the files manually, the batch is famous for not working most of the time.

If it still doesn't work, tell me what version you are trying to install the mod on, and did you install any other patches except just the standalone steam 1.12 version?, and also the LOGfile.txt inside the main game folder would help me find the problem here, too.

Just copy its contents into http://pastebin.com/ and give me the link to it.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-23-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Oh you can edit titles...

Did manual copy, same runtime crash.

The version is 1.12 (tho im unsure, because it pirated), did not install anything additional.
Problem might be with repack, will try to download the other one.

Here is my log.
http://pastebin.com/CHXgFCUK
Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Areneth

Well, I've tried to install an completely new installation of SW using Skidrow's Release.

and it turns out it works without any problems, well nothing like that happened of what you have described, kind of an silly question but I have to ask this:

Did the original game .exe work even before you installed the mod?, if it really did work before applying the mod's files, there must have been something something that corrupted the .7z archive while you were downloading, or some files just were wrongly installed, thats also an possibility.

Oh and make sure you run the newest installment of 7Zip, since the .7z file format can only be read perfectly by very few other Archivers, WinRar has the capabilities it seems, I don't know of any other tbh.

The last possible reason as of why it doesn't work could be just some missing DLL's, like not having DirectX 9 Jun2010 which sw3 seemingly uses, I don't say it needs to have this version, but its likely.

Eitherway, I hope you resolve this issue ^^.

PS: Heres the Magnet Link for the Release I've used.
MAGNET
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 03-08-2016, 11:11 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @All

Hey everyone, Im just announcing that there will be an Minor update this week, which addresses mostly Bugs and The Templars and also polishment of the "Elite Templars", I have some plans for the Templar faction, I also plan to actually make some new systems which the Templars completely control, but it won't make it into this update.

-They also have been integrated into the Corporate Service Menu, with an respectable price.

And also, if anyone else has got Ideas for interesting high-tech weapons/Missiles, let me know ASAP.

-Credits also got updated, check them out if you want to know who created those badass sounds.

*New Templar Weapons List
*(T) Marked = Turret compatible
-"Sancti Missionem / Holy Discharge" - Autocannon - Damage: 65 x16
-"Pulsans Sol / Pulsating Sun" - Pulse laser - Damage: 125 x7 (T)
-"Liquefacio / Desintegrator" - Particle accelerator - Damage: 1024 (T)
-"Coronam / Red Crown" - Beam laser - Damage: 80 x20 (It was tough to make an "consistent" beam, but I think this will work out) (T)
-"Sanctum Gladium / Holy Sword" - Gattling laser - Damage: 32 x32 (Thanks for the idea, Lotrek) (T)
-Next up: Whatever I come up

I will just leave this here...
YT-VID-LINK
YT-VID2-LINK
it took me a really long while to actually learn how to create new PFX for weapons, it definitely took too long, but it was worth it

Last edited by nocalora29; 03-10-2016 at 03:59 AM. Reason: New weapons
Old 03-09-2016, 02:58 AM
Approved Member

Nice beam loving! Can't wait to test them out.
I would like to see some more machine gun type options. The only variation now is just faster rate of fire or more base damage. What i wouldn't give for AP, Explosive or Tracer/Incendiary rounds. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'll give it a whirl once the next update drops. And as always, thanks for keeping it alive.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Can you tell me if i need to install your mod from the first version and update it all the way to the latest version or i only need the latest files. I just can't make your mod work. thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Lotrek

Machine guns... thats an nice idea, gonna look into it, might even consider doing an custom 3d model for this one.

@tyrotrela

You just need the newest files, which are MAIN and RESOURCES, but you have to install RESOURCES first, after that juse copy&paste the MAIN stuff in.

If it still does not work, feel free to ask for more help.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for clarifying this, i will try to install resources first this time around.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

The method worked and i got o play for a while, all the changes are awesome and i really like the random massacres and the enemy ai is challenging on hard difficulty, but i can't find those new ships you said you added, all i get are the original ships added by goblin. Is it because i manually installed the mod?

PS. The x8 fix.exe is working fine except some crashes every now and then.

PPS. sometimes stashions offer no items BUT i can sell at full price EVERY item. It resets after re docking.

PPS. The merc base in the early mission after you ignore Heretic disapears and won't allow the mission to progress, thus i had to go with Heretic.