Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2016, 12:45 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Thanks for the reports, I have written them down for the next release, although if you find any story breaking bug I would have to release another RC *sigh*
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 05-06-2016, 02:28 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Lotrek

Bryna & KT: just to be sure, can it be that maybe your Screen Res is too small for the Dialogue?, just asking since some people did had the problem before.

GK LocData: Where did you even get these cannons?, hephaestus?, because the text for these GK Cannons aren't even present in the vanilla game at all, Notepad++ gives no results, and the main 3 files for module locdata also do not have these GK's in them.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 05-06-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

I am using 1440 x 900 which I've used in the past with no problem, I'll switch it up next time I play and check. As to the cannons, they dropped from the asteroid gun platforms in Hesphestus (sp?). They are the ring of gun platforms you have to fly through in the early game as part of the mission to get your first new licence plate. I had both of them drop off the middle asteroids in the set of 3 that are in the middle ring as well as the upper and lower ring asteroids (which I believe are all the same model). The side gun plats still drop shining laser turrets.

Also yet a new find:
I didn't have enough cash yet to try all of them but I bought 2 of the Star equipment turrets from the maintenance station interface. Both have issues.
The Isamov laser mk 2 has no association, I get the following when I hover my mouse over it:
Not found string: #M_HINT_SW3EXP_TURRET_AWPSNIPER_2 When I click it I get: Not found string: #M_LDESC_SW3EXP_TURRET_AWPSNIPER_2

I also bought the Isamov AK47 M1 High caliber Rifle turret MK1. When I equipped it I got a graphic of a red and white box surrounded by blue lines. I took them both into battle and the laser did track and fire but the rifle only tracked (was kinda funky watching this box tracking fighters) but it did no damage nor was there a bullet graphic coming out of it like say a Bardiche would have.

Also, This mod is supposed to incorporate Trucidations Missiles Mod. I have not seen any evidence of his missiles, only stock vanilla missiles. Very disappointing casue I love his mod.

I'll test more on my lunch break.

Last edited by Lotrek; 05-06-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:58 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I think I have fixed the missing string problem now, atleast for my mods content, and not the GK1 - 4 Guns, since these arent even supposed to drop I suppose, still have to look into it why they drop at all now.

The graphic problem should not even be there, since that only happens when an 3D Model is either missing, or has missing textures.

But both the model and textures are existing, even in the hotfix there are duplicates of them.

Im also going to look into the missile mod and see why it somehow is "disabled" in the 0.6.1 Release, but it probably will be added together with 0.6.2X, although when I gather enough problems and fix em there would be a chance it will all be included in something like RC-9.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:51 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @rc-9

Hooray another RC, you know what, forget I said ANYTHING ever about have just "one" or "two" more of em, you can't ever have enough RC's.

Following Fixed:
-TE Fighters not buyable
-Forced StarRover Armor Simulation, its now there as an optional folder you can just drag&drop inside the game folder AFTER applying the hotfix.
-Price adjustements for ECM4/The Cyclone, TE Ships.
-SpecialMercenary Random Contacts calls upon an non-existent ship the modcalled "mothership_liger" which I remind having added ages ago, but I cant find el or anything anymore, so I removed the ship form the spawn table.

Added:
more or less Re-Added stuff from the latest version of missiles mod.

Not Fixed:
-Loot droppings from Hephaestus Turrets
-AWP LocData (Still trying to replicate Lotrek's issue)
-Bryna&KT not Hire-able (Also trying to figure out was wrong here exactly)
-Ak47 Missing 3d Model (No idea why, gonna have to look into it later)

LINK

Last edited by nocalora29; 05-08-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

RC yea!!
OK quick update on Bryna & KT. They showed up in Corrino's maintenance station canteen. I was using the same resolution as I was earlier 1440 x 900.

Also, that optional missile folder did the trick, all missiles in my inventory are now shiny.

Last edited by Lotrek; 05-06-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

I think Only I could find this bug, kinda odd and obscure I think. Here is how it goes:

(Story time! but no worries there's a TLDR at the end if you are a plebeian)

I took the Merc path in the story line and I am in Endoria 1 in my Astarte. I am no fan of this slow boat and at this point in the game the major caliber guns are not really needed so I go to Goblin Wizards shipyard and trade in that lard bucket for my true love the Ramadanta (what a bargain at only 200k!)

So here's the odd thing: I tried to take the portal from Endoria 1 to Tor (which is the next system and final detestation in the scripted mission to meet the agent at the oxygen station). I fly on up to the gate and nada, I can hug it, tickle it and even fly through it but no jump confirm. So I fly over to the all the other portals in the system and bam they love me like I'm cake and they so want me to confirm that jump but like the sly minx Ramadanta is we decline. SO we think OK all the other portals like us so let's check back in to see if the Tor portal is jealous and sadface he still doesn't give us the time of day.

SOOoo, now I am vexed that my sweetheart is on the outs with Tor so I load a save where I am Back in the rustbucket Astarte (It's OK though it's not cheating since the save predates my fling with Ramadanta). Now sure enough, Tor has a thing for the fatties because as soon as I rub up against his portal oh he so wants Astarte in him, begging me to confirm that jump.

TLDR: The Astarte seems to have a plot mission flag (for lack of a better term) that allows it to take that next mission portal from Endoria 1 to Tor. Ramadanta seems to lack the ability to do so.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:14 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Thanks for the report, luckily tho im not a plebeian.

Still, I would LOVE me some LOGfile, since its a golden tool to find out which story script to look for, I have looked inside Endoria-1 and didn't find any Requirements of MS to get thru the tor portal, it must be inside the quest script.

But the way you described this odd bug here, also 10/10.

Its also kinda nice to have 2 Testers ATM, including you Lotrek, and ShadoWarrior, it really speeds up the bugfixing indeed.

EDIT: I have found the problem, Goblin Wizard did use the parameter PORTAL_X:SetObject(Mothership); for all common portals, but he did not include portal RU and RD, which are ONLY found in eridan-1
So yeah, heres the repacked version: LINK, but since its a small thing to fix heres the instructions for people who like going to bit harder way:

> Go to the file Addons\@Motherships_Mod_0.27\gw_ms_shop.lua and replace the whole if
Code:
if (GetCurrentLocation() == "el_ariash") then
-- stuff inside here
end;
with this code
Code:
    if (GetCurrentLocation() == "el_ariash") then
      PortalTrigger_PORTAL_L:SetObject(mothership);
      PortalTrigger_PORTAL_U:SetObject(mothership);
      PortalTrigger_PORTAL_D:SetObject(mothership);
    else
      if (PORTAL_RU) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_RU:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_RD) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_RD:SetObject(mothership); end;
      -- SW3EXP Portals
      if (PORTAL_A) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_A:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_B) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_B:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_C) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_C:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_D) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_D:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_E) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_E:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_F) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_F:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_G) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_G:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_H) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_H:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_I) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_I:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_J) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_J:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_K) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_K:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_L) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_L:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_M) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_M:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_N) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_N:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_O) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_O:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_P) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_P:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_Q) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_Q:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_R) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_R:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_S) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_S:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_T) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_T:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_U) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_U:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_V) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_V:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_W) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_W:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_X) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_X:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_Y) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_Y:SetObject(mothership); end;
      if (PORTAL_Z) then PortalTrigger_PORTAL_Z:SetObject(mothership); end;
    end;
That should do the trick, and it will enable the tor portal to once again you going deep inside it

Last edited by nocalora29; 05-08-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:06 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @rc10

LINK

Changelog:
StarRover Armor Calc Script is now Optional.

Last edited by nocalora29; 05-08-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the 10/10.
I downloaded and applied your most recent link (post prior to this one) and made the changes manually to the gw_ms_shop.lua because I am tricky like that. Imagine my sadness when Tor still rejected my poor sweet Ramadanta.

But don't fret my coding hero, I was in noob tester error. I loaded back to the save when I was flying Astarte (ugh no more please!) and bought a fresh new Ramadanta and voila Tor apparently likes her now!

My assumption is that the save game where I was piloting the original Ramadanta still had buggy code and by loading a prior save and buying a new one, fresh code was applied.

Also, I had to re-apply the "optional" missile mod files to get my pretties back. I am curious why it is still considered an optional and not coded directly into the main mod since it is listed on the main page as being a core feature.

Anyway, problem solved, good going good sir!

Last edited by Lotrek; 05-08-2016 at 06:54 PM.