Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Default I'm sorry....

After months (Turns out, I don't think the IL-10 counts towards it) I've unlocked the B-17. I was happy. I didn't really want to use the bloated thing, but I wanted to have it in my hangar just in case I ever needed to pull out some big guns. I took it to training, gave her a few runs, became accommodated to her. And then...I tried my luck with her in a Strike game.

I am so sorry.

There were 1200 tickets, but you wouldn't know that three minutes in to the game, when the Mission Completed screen came up. Some people quit. I...felt like a real asshole. The thing is way too overpowering. Sure, you can keep a B-17 at bay if you have the right plane and skills, but...if it slips through, it's all over.

I am sorry, Sturmovikers. I won't use it again unless there happens to be an opposing B-17. Even then, maybe not. I feel really really bad about it, and I'm being serious. Forgive me for using it.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Approved Member

Right, now don't do it again.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

I know how you feel optimus, everytime i use the almighty B-17 i feel i am cheating the opposing team of their points. Unless ofcourse they have one so its even
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post

Oh...my god.

Fell out of my bed laughing. Never did I think I would see Life of Brian again. Thank you.

Best forum in the 'verse. You guys rock.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
PMSL "nail 'im up I say...nail some sense into 'im."

The B-17 is extremely overpowered now after the patch. The armour increase makes it incredibly tough to down as well, and I've held my own in one against persistent attacks from 3 fighters while still managing to bomb targets.

It should only be used to even teams IMO. That said, you can't be blamed for using it Zero, after putting in all that work to get it
Old 01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
PMSL "nail 'im up I say...nail some sense into 'im."

The B-17 is extremely overpowered now after the patch. The armour increase makes it incredibly tough to down as well, and I've held my own in one against persistent attacks from 3 fighters while still managing to bomb targets.

It should only be used to even teams IMO. That said, you can't be blamed for using it Zero, after putting in all that work to get it
They're not that hard to bring down in Arcade if you stay away from their six. Depends how wily they are on the tail gun.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Don't worry about it.. It's all part of the learning process!

First time I saw a B-17 in Strike the game lasted about 45 seconds.. Nobody realised how much damage they could do.

Now if I see one I go straight for it.. Because I was taught a valuable lesson,
B17 = Trouble.

This reminds me.. Yesterday I was shooting at a B17 that had run away to the other side of the map, when I started feeling sorry for him. (I'd already killed him 4 times) So I stopped shooting and started rolling around him and buzzing him without shooting. I then flew along side him (he wasn't shooting either), waggled my wings in a cheery manner and was admiring the B-17 when he must of decided it was payback time and blew me out of the sky from about 30 feet away. I deserved it.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

take a bf109-G6 or a fw190-D.
u can intercept the b17 with only one attack. (before he can drop his bombs).
then u could get him earlier, after his spawn.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rebrand View Post
They're not that hard to bring down in Arcade if you stay away from their six. Depends how wily they are on the tail gun.
Their 6 isn't the only trouble zone for interceptors unless the pilot is stupid enough to leave his defence up to AI turrets. As far as I can remember, the only blind spots on a B17 are at 3 and 9 o'clock, or if you go really high or low.

I've certainly done several head on passes with an enemy bomber and been able to fire at him with my turret pretty much as soon as he comes into range in front all the way until he goes out of range in the rear. I can't hit him for sh*t as he goes down the side, but that's my problem, not the plane's
Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

when i get in a S match and someone has the B17, i chose the opposing team and use a plane with rockets... not to hard to take one down but not all that easy either. i have never used a bomber in a S game only becuase it's too much fun shooting them down =)