Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Cryostasis Performance and SLI - FIX

Hi everyone,

I've been tinkering around with the benchmark tool and I have uncovered a possible performance boost for anyone using Nvidia GPUs in SLI.

My (modest) Specs:
Q6600, 2x nVidia 9800 GT OC, 4 GB DDR 800.

When I upgraded my drivers to the BETA 185.68s I found an extreme drop in performance, even after installing the new PhysX driver. Before the update I achieved a solid average of around 32fps @ High setting with sound (1280x800 16x AF). Even at 1680x1050 (no AF) I managed 28fps. Following the updates I was greeted with a slideshow at whatever setting or resolution (the culprit being the 'water effects', which have not looked the same since the update)

I found that by disabling SLI I managed to get back to 32fps (at high). With the other card handling all PhysX calculations. I'm not sure if this will help everyone, but those using SLI and current drivers may want to give it a try (until nVidia fix what is obviously an error!).

Hope it helps someone!