Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsch View Post
Is this trick with FMB to be done EVERY time before going online?
I hope not!!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
I don't understand. How many people are actually having this problem? I'm sure all my guns are working when I shoot the water, but there is no way to ensure you are firing a blip of 1 round from each gun.

Also, what causes this to happen?
Referring to this post, is the debug function available in CoD, like in IL2 1946, where you can see arrows where rounds have hit an object?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 AM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsch View Post
Is this trick with FMB to be done EVERY time before going online?
no from what I have tested and seen, it works, some people don't have this issue. Some people do.
The best way you can tell is take your tracers and put them in all the guns and then go into a single player mission and test it out on the bombers.or water.

For some reason the custom load outs seem to be broken. and just have to be re-pointed to the load outs, and to do that you have to open FMB. Open a single mission load your plane
right click open properties, go to properties then look down to ammo and pull down list if nothing there, click the [....] button and open that up if it doesn't work saving close the game then restart and try it again. Cliff has a lot of problems with broken code, or the code not loading right.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

When naming loadouts use only standard Latin/international English characters. Loadouts named using special local characters do not work(do not load) in some cases.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
When naming loadouts use only standard Latin/international English characters. Loadouts named using special local characters do not work(do not load) in some cases.
Good find Ataros.

Just as an aside while in testing mode....I found the much touted DeWilde ammo to be not all that good really. Others may want to differ on this. I loaded up a Spit with observer rounds in all outside guns and DeWildes in the 2 inner and blazed away at a Heinkel with them and didn't hurt it at all. Loaded up the 2 inner guns with APs instead and inflicted some serious damage. I will prolly do some more testing...maybe with all DeWilde u might get a good burn happening. Anyway for me it will APs in all guns until I am convinced otherwise.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
Good find Ataros.

Just as an aside while in testing mode....I found the much touted DeWilde ammo to be not all that good really. Others may want to differ on this. I loaded up a Spit with observer rounds in all outside guns and DeWildes in the 2 inner and blazed away at a Heinkel with them and didn't hurt it at all. Loaded up the 2 inner guns with APs instead and inflicted some serious damage. I will prolly do some more testing...maybe with all DeWilde u might get a good burn happening. Anyway for me it will APs in all guns until I am convinced otherwise.
If you want do start fire in fighters, load only De Wilde and shoot in a 109... it'll became a fireball fast... Bombers, with heavy armour, don't have so weak fuel tanks. Use a mix of Ball/AP and De Wilde for better results.

Just as in real Bob!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Hi all

I have never been in fmbat all.

I only have 2 loadouts- default and custom. The custom one was made for all my planes when game first came out. I never bothered changing them.

I went into fmb and i could set the loadout of the plane to custom and it had the loadout that i use online in there. Iv tried shooting at ground to see if they are fireing but i cant tell. Anyone got a vid so i can see the difference?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Can I ask where the proof is that red guns aren't working? Have you considered that the game engine is not going to render every single bullet impact? For example, when a lot of bombs go off at once the game stops rendering explosions in order not to cripple your FPS. I go into FMB and shoot at the water using my custom Spit or Hurri loadout and I see a two rows of splashes. I then change every gun to fire a different color tracer and see the same amount of splashes. Load all AP and shoot at a bomber and everybody inside is killed in the first burst.

This really seems like a phantom problem and spreading misinformation through the community with no evidence to back up the claim.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

@Notafinger: If you can't express an honest concern about an aspect of Cliffs of Dover in the Official 1C Forum without fear of "spreading misinformation through the community with no evidence to back up the claim".....then please advise where a concern MAY be expressed that meets your approval.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
@Notafinger: If you can't express an honest concern about an aspect of Cliffs of Dover in the Official 1C Forum without fear of "spreading misinformation through the community with no evidence to back up the claim".....then please advise where a concern MAY be expressed that meets your approval.
All I'm asking is for some evidence that the guns aren't shooting bullets. No drama please.
Closed Thread