Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Armored Princess questions and solutions

Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Default Problem FIXED!

I created the account just to share how to fix the problem

The error that I got was:
C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5534): Directx call failed: -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem)

The problem appeared after I updated my nvidia drivers (to the newest 195.62 version). The game would not even start. To fix that I deleted the game.ini file located in
C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess

I was able to start the game but it would crash when rotating camera and give me the DirectX error.

To fix it, simply roll back to the previous drivers or install alternative drivers ( I use a laptop and got mine from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com )
After installing an old driver (180.43) the game is working witout a problem. I should be done playing with the game in a couple of weeks and I will update the drivers then.

Hope it helps.

PS: oh and don't bother reinstalling DirectX. I did it three times, it will not fix the problem.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Very nice that you shared this with us
Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Nice solution, but I ask is Anti-Aliasing really wroth all problems... I mean rolling back drivers can cause problems in other games... for example, I can not play Borderlands with older drivers. But if you just turn Anti-Aliasing off, all problems gone... and I can live without Anti-Aliasing. And I use nVidia drivers version 195.62 and Windows 7 x64 combo, works without Anti-Aliasing, no errors, no crashes, playing since my first post.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

Default Or that

Yeah, I mean, if you're ok with playing without Anti-Aliasing then sure, you can turn it off. For me, the game is sooo cool that I didn't want to lose any visual effects. Also, I always only play one game at the time so rolling back to older drivers was not a problem. (However, I agree that going back and forth with drivers is not recommended, but come on, for King's Bounty? I'll take my chances )

I hope we get a patch soon!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

I dont see a ponit for a patch to game - its not bugged. The drivers are bugged
Old 12-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

I too ave this problem I agree it might be driver related but guess what If there is no patch or driver fix... I will never buy another game from this company. I dont care who is a fault, the fact is I'm the consumer and I expect what I buy to work. I tried rmoving antialisaing and that was a no go, the problem is still there. I am not ready to roll back my drivers so This game for me is a dud. I realize the problem is only with win 7 Nvidia drivers but that to me means that the game producer should stand up and contact nvidia and try to either get the drivers fixed or to figure out what part of their code need patching to prevent this error. The arrogance of saying:" this is deriver error and not our problem is insulting at best.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

Thats my personal statement not company one. I dont se a point to blame company the game was working fine al mthe time until nvidia fked up something with drivers .. so it cant be developers fault ..
Old 12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

I'm using Win7x64, 4GB ram, GTX 275 (1680x1050), driver version: 195.62

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5509): DirectX call failed: -1, -1, E_FAIL (An undetermined error occurred inside the Direct3D subsystem) (img)

So turning off AA didn't seem to help. Only way for Windows 7 users to get this running is driver rollbacks?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

I can confirm that it seems that version 195.62 of the NVIDIA Windows 7 32-bit drivers are a cause of the trouble. When I downgraded to 185.85 I was able to run the game fine, but 195.62 crashes before reaching the the main menu but after the initial splash videos with an error message like the one you can see in the original post.

This is when attempting to start the King's Bounty: Armored Princess demo, I can only assume full retail has the same problem.

These previously selected solution of deleting game.ini does not apply because I had no such file. (Probably because I had yet to run the game successfully prior to downgrading my drivers.)

Last edited by geldonyetich; 12-25-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

I heard Nvidia said the problem is fixed with newest beta .. cant be sure tough. I am fine with my 191.07

Last edited by Elwin; 12-25-2009 at 10:23 PM.