Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Yes, there is a trailer, you can find it there: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/cryo...ason/downloads
Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

thank you , I am downloading it now .
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

game looks really creepy which i really like i like the idea of everything frozen its really cool tho i got the question...besides the health is that freezing bar bellow health? if it is its really cool idea.

i watched trailer and i think i saw something besides health and freezing came up first on my mind
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
game looks really creepy which i really like i like the idea of everything frozen its really cool tho i got the question...besides the health is that freezing bar bellow health? if it is its really cool idea.

i watched trailer and i think i saw something besides health and freezing came up first on my mind
We use a thermometer in the game instead of a standard health bar. It has 2 indicators. One of them is a the internal body temperature and the other one shows the external temperature inside a room.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

The more frightening monster is the one that you never see. Anyway, I am curious about this so called "frost and ice" modeling (as a Canadian). How does it work?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
The more frightening monster is the one that you never see. Anyway, I am curious about this so called "frost and ice" modeling (as a Canadian). How does it work?
There is a program on MTV Russia called Video Games Icon, which features all the biggest hits in Russia. One of these programs was dedicated to Cryostasis and was shown not long ago. We are currently translating it and plan to put online with English subtitles. It covers almost all apprects of the game including the ice and frost technology.
Stay tuined, we plan to put it online either second part of December or in January. There's quire a lot to do on the translation side
Anyway we will make an announcemnet of this one on the web site and on the web.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Approved Member

Okay, I will stay tuned.

P.S. Staying inside a steel structure increases heat loss (the steel effectively acts as a heat transmitter/radiator). Except in very high winds it is better to bury yourself in snow!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
Okay, I will stay tuned.

P.S. Staying inside a steel structure increases heat loss (the steel effectively acts as a heat transmitter/radiator). Except in very high winds it is better to bury yourself in snow!
It is true, except for one thing - there isn't much snow onboard. So it is ususally steel.

We are finishing the translation of the MTV Icon program and expect to launch it together with the web site after Christmas.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Anatoly, thanks for answering the questions. It is good to meet people who doesn't think you're crazy when you say sitting in snow is warmer than hiding in an aluminum hut. Snow is good, no matter what side of the circle, isn't it?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Oh man, I am literally bursting with anticipation over more info and possible a releasedate for this game. Seriously I'm blowing up watching and re-watching the few gameplay vids available on youtube and on the site here. More info soon, guys?