Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
So it's not even out yet and already no Korea and Olegs leaving... jeez

This forum has got cancer. Caused, mainly, by a bunch of spoilt brats.

If putting words into Olegs mouth, wild speculation and negativity are your thing then look no further than the 1c IL-2 forum.

I've said it before, some on here act like a gang of moaning old ladies.

I've some advice.. If you don't like the DRM/Box/Graphics/Campaign/Publisher/Name/Spitfire Manual/ then don't buy the game. Simple.

It'll be a good way of cleaning out the games gene pool too.
+++

It's amazing where this moaning has gone to now that there is no screenshot to whine about.

"Yes, it's all about making the game better by providing suggestions blah blah.." Yeah right.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Exactly. The people who see the problem of the title are not unhappy because they just think it sounds bad. These are the people who are thinking not just for themselves but for others and the future. The people who don't see a problem are the ones that think "Its not a problem for me, I know its a new game and I'm buying whatever, If you don't like it don't buy it" this is a selfish way of thinking.
Forum members providing feedback of this nature about the marketing related details such as the name of the title due to our concern of the lower revenue flow which will endanger the future of the franchise. What next? Is the price too low or high to maximize the profits?

What outcome do you expect out of a thread like this? The name will be changed back before the release now that it's already out and pre-ordered by thousands?

Oh dear..
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
Forum members providing feedback of this nature about the marketing related details such as the name of the title due to our concern of the lower revenue flow which will endanger the future of the franchise. What next? Is the price too low or high to maximize the profits?

What outcome do you expect out of a thread like this? The name will be changed back before the release now that it's already out and pre-ordered by thousands?

Oh dear..
I expect nothing. I only say it is not ideal and give my thoughts on what I would have done as I have some experience in that area. This is a forum, this is what you do in a forum, express your thoughts on the subject.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Its difficult one. You want to use the popularity and recognition of the IL2 Sturmovik series but the problem is the name was never chosen to be a "brand" and is rather limiting and confusing as one. You can't just put a 2 after the name like most movies and games do and you have a title object that isn't relevant to the subject.

I think keeping the same title IL2 sturmovik will be a very confusing to newcomers, an example: I know nothing about Harry Potter, From just the names I couldn't tell you which was the first film, which was the latest film or the order of any film in between.

What I would do is compromise. Take the IL-2 designation out of the title. That just leaves you with a recognisable name that is now a russian word having a meaning (Stormer) rather than a name of a curently irrelevant plane. You could then give it a sequential number, IL-2 being Sturmovik 1.
You could then do
Sturmovik 2: Cliffs of Dover.
Sturmovik 2: Eastern front.
Sturmovik 2: Sahara
Sturmovik 2: 1950
This differentiates game 1 expansions from game 2 expansions. Without this things will get very confusing even for IL-2 fans in future as the game expands.

Anyone think we should do a vote on this?
I REALLY like this idea!!

110% behind this for the name!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Exactly. The people who see the problem of the title are not unhappy because they just think it sounds bad. These are the people who are thinking not just for themselves but for others and the future. The people who don't see a problem are the ones that think "Its not a problem for me, I know its a new game and I'm buying whatever, If you don't like it don't buy it" this is a selfish way of thinking.
My sentiments exactly.

Those who already play IL-2 know CoD is coming, and don't care what its called, and the market is cemented.

The publishers *think* they will gain more customers by making it sound like it is part of IL-2, but it might actually turn away customers because they think it is yet another "installment" to a 10 year old game that costs a lot.

It is human nature to always get the latest, and it is marketing 101 that sometimes you have to start a fresh brand name to get the maximum return.