Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Cliffs of Dover on eurogamer.net release list

Eurogamer has been my go-to gaming site for 10 years and I've been skimming the release list almost every week to see if there were any info on CoD release. Lo and behold! it popped up today http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php?platform=pc
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

March 23?

COOL!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week".

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Sure is! I've always found eurogamer to be reliable so I don't doubt it for a second. It could still be delayed though but I don't think so.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

No publisher listed though.I bet they have just picked up the info from forums such as this.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week".
I think Oleg let it slip out, the official package.
Date is uncertain, but cannot be too long.

Good timing. If the announcement was before the Verizon iPhone, no one would pay attention!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

It's true we already are three month away from the original date (september, right?)
March will be six month delay in Oleg's original bet.
Can't be too much longer.(fingers crossed)
Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,

So not even the RC (release candidate) is ready yet?
March is so dead.
If everything went perfect they could try to aim for June - but I would guess rather late summer.

You can unban Tree.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Why is a March release so unrealistic these days? It's not like they have to burn millions of disks. Probably 100,000 would be fine for the initial release, as they are likely to push electronic distribution anyway. How long will it take a modern facility to burn 100,000 disks?

This is only speculation on my part, but I just don't see why it has to take so long to get the finished game out (assuming it can actually be finished in the allotted time). It's not like there is going to be any extended PR campaign, there never has been for Oleg's work. We're going to be the PR guys for this game just like we were for IL2, a role I'm just fine with. I get a large part of my business by WOM, it's a time honored principal.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

It takes two two three weeks from gold master to full production most of the time. That's sort of been the standard for years now. March is a possibility assuming they go gold in the middle of February. That means that the game has to be feature complete and in Q&A hands very soon.