Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

I hope that "internet connection required to activate game" doesn't mean it's required every time I play.

I don't have a reliable enough connection for that.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letum View Post
I hope that "internet connection required to activate game" doesn't mean it's required every time I play.

I don't have a reliable enough connection for that.
I think it MAY mean it's required once you ACTIVATE IT not TO PLAY. So one time internet connection, validate the CD key whatever the game needs to communicate to the UBI servers and that's it.

It won't be a INTERNET connection only play game that's for sure. Look at the success UBI had with Silent Hunter 5 or 777's Rise of Flight. All of which now contain offline modes.

Don't worry about it mate, you're fine.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

The box with 'internet connection needed...' text looks much too big.
It looks like the health warning on a pack of cigarettes.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
The box with 'internet connection needed...' text looks much too big.
It looks like the health warning on a pack of cigarettes.
Yes,but people are stupid,and will still buy a game,then moan about needing to connect to the internet to activate it.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

I don't see a problem with online (internet connection) activation as well as online (internet connection) uninstall for offline play and verification check each and every time for online play.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 01-13-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

well. If its one time activation online im ok with it. If it is check everytime you launch, well then im over from "this one i need to have" to hmmm maby i get this one.....

I like playing games, sometimes with my work (when traveling) there is no internet to use, and this is where SH 5 died for me.....I be realy sad if the same thing happens with SOW....

One time activation....nooo prob.....

Online for game launch......hmmmm might be a prob....

My 1½ cent....

LTbear
Old 01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

People are taking computers everywhere with them these days. It's not certain they will have internet everywhere though.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

IL-2 has nothing to do with SOW:BOB, except as an historical predecessor. It would be a big mistake to have IL-2 even mentioned on the Box, let alone prominently, as it will look on the shelf like just another Rip Off limited campaign for...IL-2! [Although I agree that the SOW part has always been a poor choice in name; most of us can't always immediately recall what the SOW stands for (Storm of War); so I wouldn't be surprised if a name change is in the works before release.]

My opinion is that this is a quality Prank.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Unlikely, I'd say. Maybe I'm nitpicking too much, but that RAF roundel on the cover doesn't match the period. I remember seeing it as "Il-2: Battle for Britain" (Bitva za Britanyu) or something like that in the pictures taken during IgroMir, though.

And also, to be fairly honest, to my eyes the in-game Bf-109s and Spitfires, from the screenshoots, look better than those (by the way, isn't that Spit's spinner a bit too flat?).
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
IL-2 has nothing to do with SOW:BOB, except as an historical predecessor. It would be a big mistake to have IL-2 even mentioned on the Box, let alone prominently, as it will look on the shelf like just another Rip Off limited campaign for...IL-2! [Although I agree that the SOW part has always been a poor choice in name; most of us can't always immediately recall what the SOW stands for (Storm of War); so I wouldn't be surprised if a name change is in the works before release.]

My opinion is that this is a quality Prank.
Its very unlikely a prank with this many gaming websites offering Cliffs of Dover-IL-2 Sturmovik for sale.