Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
why doesn't he just STFU and wait quietly like most other ppl.
With respect krupi, i am only asking the questions that most here would like an answer to, if the moderators ask me not to then I will comply. I have not turned into a bighead at all, I would love to be completely wrong about my release date thoughts and happily take the flak whilst we are all enjoying the fruits of Olegs work.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

What I don't understand is what makes you think that Oleg will tell you privileged information such as the release date?

Threads similar to yours have never had a reply from Oleg...
Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
What I don't understand is what makes you think that Oleg will tell you privileged information such as the release date?

Threads similar to yours have never had a reply from Oleg...
He wont just be telling me krupi, he will be telling all of us, Im merely asking the question, obviously Oleg believed last year that he would release in september/October 2010 and he stated as much, asking him why this didn't happen or if he has a new date in mind is neither disruptive or disrespectful in my view. i dont want to fall out with you Krupi I know your a good chap, have a good new year my friend.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
He wont just be telling me krupi, he will be telling all of us, Im merely asking the question, obviously Oleg believed last year that he would release in september/October 2010 and he stated as much, asking him why this didn't happen or if he has a new date in mind is neither disruptive or disrespectful in my view. i dont want to fall out with you Krupi I know your a good chap, have a good new year my friend.
Fair enough Tree I meant no disrespect, im sure that when Oleg and Co are ready they will tell us.

I wish you a good new year as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Fair enough Tree I meant no disrespect, im sure that when Oleg and Co are ready they will tell us.
<shakes Krupi's hand>
Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Smile

After the release of patch 4.10 I cannot think of any other relevant information but the one related to the release of SoW.

If this question can or cannot, wanna or dontwanna, be answered by the people requested is another relevant information.

Salutes.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmn100 View Post
25 February 2011 according to Play.com

"IL2: Storm Of War - Battle Of Britain
( Not yet rated ) |Write a review »
£26.99 Free Delivery
RRP: £34.99 | You save: £8.00 (22%)
Pre-order. | Due for release on 25 February 2011"

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021...n/Product.html

If Oleg succeed to do this until this time, I will pay directly to him 2oo Eur for one copy, just he must tell on which account.

Last edited by merlin1; 12-29-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

I have a feeling that the game is all but finished BUT there might be some issues with the publisher OR even a lack of such. You see, a lot has changed in the interactive entertainment industry the last 5 years. Games are becoming more and more accessible and both cheaper/costly to buy/develop. Big budget online shooters and small budget independent games on mobile platforms are the name of the game these days. It's all about reaching as many people as possible. Back in the day, flight simulators were common on MANY PC gamers harddrives not just the hardcore simmers, that's not the case anymore.

Now let's say you are a publisher, would you bet your money on something relatively un-accessible and niché like SoW that's been in development for ages OR put your chips on an online-based shooter that has much lower R&D costs (fictional guns doesn't require a lot of research) coupled with easy accessibility, tons of micro-transaction DLC content to follow and a development time of MAX 3 years?

I love speculating and my speculation is A: Oleg and team have signed a deal with a publisher but there are major disagreements or B: They have no publisher at the moment.

I think the lack of a release date might support this theory to a degree since many game developers with signed publishers give out a release date sometimes even up to 3 years before it's released.

As mentioned above, love speculating but also that's all it is, speculations
Old 12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Global Moderator

Tree is an amusing fellow. Always the same content worded differently.

The funny part is...he continues to attract the unwary thereby keeping the release date drivel alive.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I love speculating and my speculation is A: Oleg and team have signed a deal with a publisher but there are major disagreements or B: They have no publisher at the moment.
Oleg confirmed they have a publisher, so it's A.
Now, if you change disagreement to major software bugs, you should be spot on.